Thursday 27 November 2014

Cranberry Gravy Pumpkin Blues: Thursday, November 27th!

A body of clay, a mind full of play, a moment's life -- that's me. -Harivansh Rai Bachchan, poet (1907-2003)


Tontine


MEANING:

noun: A form of investment in which participants pool their money into a common fund and receive an annuity. Each person's share increases as members die until the last survivor takes the whole.

Photo: Nagy-Bagoly Arpad/Shutterstock

ETYMOLOGY:

From French tontine. Named after Lorenzo Tonti, a Neapolitan banker, who started the scheme in France. Earliest documented use: 1765.


NOTES:

A tontine was also used a way to raise money for the state, often for fighting wars, as the fund went to the crown after the last person died. Crown funding via crowdfunding. As there was a perverse incentive to hasten the demise of other members of a tontine to increase one's share, eventually it was made illegal. Tontine has been used as a plot device in many works of fiction. 

Hello my name is Fany I saw your profile email at Facebook and like it can you contact me back at my private email to have my photo Remember the distance and color does not matter what matters is the love. thank am expecting your mail God bless you for your replying back to my email. AND GOD BLESS YOU.



She loves her kitty....not sure how Autumn feels about her....

Hello Giacometti Greg and Claire de La Lune!

Trust life goes well down under! Funny
how these things work. I was actually going to send along an email a day or so ago, just to say hello, when I received notice that I had a package awaiting at post office outlet on GI. Yes, your wonderful gift arrived so thanks so much for the more than delightful metal sculpture! Love it dearly and will decorate it with tiny ornaments for Christmas! Think you've captured the essence of me riding BUT I'm not sure I'm keen on being represented as a Blockhead! I guess we never see ourselves as others see us! Thanks again, ever so much, for priceless sculpture for it truly is priceless! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio

Pics: Blockhead Man! Canoe bar at Camp Fircom fund raiser; ceiling of Heritage Hall; Playboy Bunny!

That's wonderful, I really appreciate it. I arrive on West Jet #1725 at 10:53 P.M. assuming that it will be on time. Sounds like the Eastern States are having a lot of challenges with flights due to the snow storms. Should not affect West Jet but one never knows. I will text you if it's late. Otherwise I will be outside the International arrivals area where he can stop to do a pick up! See you soon. Joanne.                                                Hi JT! I'll be collecting you tonight. You can text me with any changes but I'll look online for flight status before leaving for YVR. If I'm early, I usually park about three minutes away, near RCMP office, where one isn't harangued by airport traffic security people. You can call if you don't happen to see me circling! Enjoy the sunshine while you can and have a safe flight. See you soon. Cheers, Trizzio! Thanks Patrick, looking forward to seeing you. I will text you if any changes. Joanne.

Hi Patrick, We’ll bring some nice appies e.g. seafood in puff pastry etc. See you at 5pm on Sat. Charlie

Hi Bridge People! Must apologize for asking everyone to arrive at 5:00 pm BUT we have just been informed, by Pushy Chloë, that we are volunteering at Aunt Leah's Tree Lot on Granville from 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm! That being the case, we'd appreciate, if you still plan on arriving at 5:00 pm, that you wear old clothes. I'll leave out the vacuum and Pledge, with plenty of dusting/polishing rags, as well as a cheap bottle of plonk, what the scullions usually drink. However, if cleaning house doesn't appeal to you we'll see you at 6:30 pm. The vacuum will still be out then but I'll be there to show you how to do the corners! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio, Concierge, Island Inn! 
Hi Pat, I dropped off a few things at Leah's thrift store today. I usually go to the Sally Ann but thought of Leah because of Chloe working there. Nice guys there to receive my glorious goods (vintage Hot Wheels track one of the primo items!). Sara
 
Hi Sara! That was a very kind thing you did, supporting Aunt Leah's. Thanks very much for thinking of Chloë and her organization. Certainly appreciated. We were at a fund raiser for the United Church's Camp Firocm, on Gambier Island, held at the Heritage Hall, on Main, yesterday evening. Bestestos from Corinne to you both and Birthday Wishes to Dermot. I guess you can start decorating tomorrow! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Camp Fancy; ceiling of Heritage Hall; Canoe bar; vault door; Loot!

You've received a Jacquie Lawson Thank You note from dermot: Thanks, Pat - I just heard you bought me a giant bunny for my birthday! Really, you shouldn't have. Hi Post Birthday Boy! It was either you or Kurt! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pat, Thanks for thinking of me with regard to tutoring. However, I'm just too busy to take on any more students. We should try and get a ride in soon if we can find a suitable day. Mostly gym exercise for me at the moment. Ray 

The science is clear. It's time to ban neonic pesticides.A cause I really support
Back at you later...


Hi Brenda Louise! Trust life goes well with your new grandson! Funny how these things work. I was actually going to send an email a day or so ago, just to say hello, when I received the petition and you were in one of the groups I forwarded petition to. Bestestos from Corinne to you both. Must away as I'm off to YVR to collect a friend flying back from two weeks in Palm Springs! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment