Monday 2 February 2015

Early Morning Sudden Valley Blues: Monday, February 2nd!

The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw. -Havelock Ellis, physician, writer, and social reformer (2 Feb 1859-1939) 


Hi Big Al and Marilyn!

Trust the fitness conference went well and that you manged to finish some of your cabin chores, as well as BC Place design work. Glad you enjoyed the card. I had hoped you would, given subject matter. For our part we had a pretty full weekend ourselves.


As it turned out, we didn't leave until 6:02 am as I was up, [fussing, according to a snoring Cora Lee!], until 2:17 am! Nevertheless, we were at the Truck Crossing  a few minutes before 7:00 am to pick up two bottles of malt. [Place doesn't actually open until 7:30 am and purchases must be made via maximum security prison window/microphone! Had the poor chap, unlucky enough to draw this shift, running back and forth, from his station near the entrance door to malt shelves in search of my quite specific requests!] Less than a 5 minute wait to gain access to the Land of the Free, Home of the Brave and we were knocking on Elena's door, [wine storage facility in Sudden Valley!] at just before 8:00 am.

While I loaded the three cases I'd left there, into TG, Cora Lee chatted with Elena while she brewed tea and java for us. About 8:30 am we set off for train station in Fairvhaven where she was to catch train to Vancouver. Had her there in plenty of time and after helping her with her bag to foyer, I thanked her for her kindness and we set off, after gassing up, for Portland.

Heavy rain started before we reached Mt Vernon and plagued us all the way down I-5 until we reached Chehalis. Not a pleasant drive, especially when my navigator was either reading, sleeping or being overly sullen. Still, we blasted along and were in Portland by 1:30 so we decided to make a quick stop at Powell's Books. Remarkable bookstore and I found Book Two, I Hear the Sirens in the Street, The Troubles Trilogy, a Detective Sean Duffy novel, by Adrian McKinty, in their extensive mystery/crime section.

Back in the car to make the easy drive, (little traffic at this time of day), to Casa Olivetti and we were greeted ny Michaelo at shortly after 3:00 pm. I spent the next half hour muling wine from the car to their basement and back to the car, all the better to stay loaded for rest of the trip! Marilyn, (Digitale is her real name!), was away walking, in the neighbourhood, when we arrived and once she was back we opened a 2013 Coffaro Sauvignon Blanc, 14.4%, followed by a 2012 Soda Rock Zin, 16%, to wash down a fabulous selezzione of cheese: Cambozola, Long Clawson Wensleydale with Cranberry and Tillamook Hot Habanero Jack. Marilyn is grilling pork tenderloin for dinner so I must away to set table.


Just received these snaps of place in Palm Desert where we will stay with Lynne and Peter. Cora Lee says she won't want to leave! Thanks very much, also, for travel wishes.
Fondestos from The Traveling Road Show Freaks. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello, Patrick! Great to hear from you!! You sound and all look wonderful(^^)
Nice vacation in Okanagan! I remember visiting Okanagan lake in the first year I were in Canada.

Sorry I couldn't reply you sooner. I had lots of things to do for works back and forth between Tokyo and my area. But all have been doing well. I'm involving 3 new projects which all need English. Translation, interpretation, English curriculums and books for kids, etc. I believe that by the end of 2015, I would be better English speaker than ever!!

Corinne, sent me a message today. Thank you always for your support. I keep in touch...My mom send you a Happy New Year and love, Toshiko
 

Patrick, just checked your account and it appears that you don't have any wine which is currently available for pick up. The wine futures you have on order are for the 2014 vintage, which won't be released until January/February of 2016! I'm sorry if the notice that we sent to everyone about the release party on February 21st confused you about the possibility that your wine was ready. I didn't even bother to check when you wrote a few days ago about picking up the latest release. I just assumed that you had ordered wine that was now available.

Of course, you are still welcome to stop by this week and if indeed you do and wish to take away the current 2013 vintage, rather than waiting for the 2014 release next year, please just tell Cindi that I said it was okay and that she could just charge you the upcharge of $2 a bottle (which was the difference in price between the two vintages when you first placed the order).

Our apologies for the confusion and for not paying more attention when you said you were going to stop by and pick up the latest release. Pat Still hope to see you on your way back up north!

No comments:

Post a Comment