Friday 27 February 2015

Wile E Coyote Sunny Skies Blues: Friday, February 27th!

He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, poet (27 Feb 1807-1882)



Conversation with Corinne Durston, Margareta Maunsbach, Ayn P, Chloe Alexis Dunn and Patrick James Dunn

Margareta Maunsbach
Margareta Maunsbach
Hi Folks .
Our plans for a North Amercin visit this summer is now getting crystallizing.

Margareta Maunsbach
Margareta Maunsbach
I just returned from the travel agency with this in suggestion, which was the preferred dates. Arr. New York july21st 13.25 p.m. Flying out from Washington DC July 29th arr. Las Vegas. (want to show boys Grand Canyon) Flying out from L.A:aug.6th: ARRIVING VANCOUVER AUGUST 6TH. LEAVING VANCOUVER AUG.12TH going back to Denmark. I hope it will be pissoble to meet up with all of you sucesively and hopefully for more than a few hours!! To Corinne: I think we will find a hotel on Manthattan - we might meet twice this summer??!! All for now . Commenss welcome. Happy weekend from Margareta

Margareta Maunsbach
Margareta Maunsbach

(So sorry for funny misspellings! pissoble - omg!)
Margareta Maunsbach
Ayn P
Lol...LA looks forward to the Danish invasion!!
Hello Steel Magnolia! Trust all goes well with you three. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

P, thanks for the invite for Java. Let me know when you will be home. I am just trying to plan my day. Awaiting word from Cobby about an early lunch. I play the Cupsucker match at 1:00. Off to buy pesos with ms Jane after school/work..

Thanks for saving the bottles. I will take them tomorrow evening. We will try to be there by 6:PM. Fond regards to all the laid-off staff at the II, W 


Dear All As some of you know, Mike and I are coming over to Canada in September for 3 weeks and do hope we will get to see everyone. I am trying to sort out an itinerary which will be more or less as below.

September, 12th 12.00 Air Transat TS705 Fly from GTW to Calgary

12th to 16th Baker Creek Mountain Resort Banff visiting spiral tunnels, Yoho valley, Jasper ice-fields, Emerald lake etc.

17th/18th Meet Pat and Corinne for Oakenagen tour

20th to 24th Stay in Vancouver if P&C haven't moved!

24th Air Canada AC1176 to Toronto

25th to 30th If Heather has space, stay in To with her and visit
Cousins Chris & Ron, Wine country, Toronto Island, Niagara

October 1st to 3rd Stay in Jim's stately home for visitors in grounds of his estate!

3rd 21.00 Air Transat TS622 to Gatwick

So.......hopefully we can raise a glass or two at Allen's while we're there. Would Friday 25th September suit everyone who can get there? Really looking forward to seeing everyone again. Love Penny xx


Hello Jet Setters! Trust all goes well in Mill Hill and environs. Your itinerary sounds more than wonderful. No matter where we happen to be living when you visit we will make arrangements for a place for you to stay while in Vancouver, probably with Chloƫ or Flamin' and Sarge. We will cross that bridge closer to time but don't want you to be worried about sleeping under the Granville Bridge with the rest of the homeless!

Will be in touch, of course, once we know more about where we decide to relocate and what implications this will have for your trip. Fondestos from Cora Lee, (on a conference call, church related), to you both and the rest of Lavender/Mill Hill Mob! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Jo-Anne! Trust all goes well with you two. It has been extremely busy ever since we returned from California last Saturday.   Thank you for letting me know about the tribute website for Pamela. Feel badly that I wasn't able to contribute but timing was such, particularly with respect to sale of our place, that opportunity slipped away. On another sad note, will you be attending memorial for Dan Heino tomorrow? If so, I'd be happy to collect you and take you there and back if that would be convenient.  
Let me know about tomorrow and we'll plan accordingly. Regards from Cora Lee to you both! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Had a great visit with Whirlygig who came into town last night. He was on his way to play squash with Carlos The Jackal and so he had a few minutes. Over java he told me quite a bit about recent developments for the planned extension he is planning for Ukiyo. He has the necessary permits now and is in the process of obtaining a contractor. If all goes well he thinks he might be breaking ground in April, perhaps sooner.

After Carlos collected him I suited/lubed up, (It was gloriously sunny!), and hit the road at around 1:30 pm. Made for Olympic Village where I dipsy-doodled my way to almost 10 km before making for Stanley Park. Wind was quite cool and reasonably blustery as I made my way along Seawall. I had decided I'd do three Prospect Hill Loops, adding as many Lost Lagoon circuits as were required so that I could log 70+ km by ride's end. Did just that and it really was great to be riding on one of my favourite routes. Even saw a coyote crossing the road just before Brockton Point. Poor chap looked a little worse for wear but didn't seem overly fussed by all the people around. Simply sauntered across the road and was looking back, from the sparse underbrush there, at all the pedestrians on the nearbye sidewalk.

Fair number of recreational cyclists so I had to be on the lookout once back on the Seawall. Fortunately, made it back home without any incidents or near collisions although there were plenty of opportunities, let me tell you! Back home just after 5:00 pm and, once again, pleased with how my ribs felt. Have added 10 km on each subsequent ride since Tuesday so hope to top 100 km on the weekend. Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/707381674#.VPEeE0EQXAM.email

Hi Patrick, and Corinne , Ayn and Chloe haTnk you for your email, Patrick, and again congratulations for the house sale, even though you might think you should have asked for more!!

Thank you also for taking worries off my mind regarding whereabout to stay in Vancouver - I will leave that to you!!

And Ayn: don't worry about putting us in. But promise we can spend an evening together, talking ! And let's plan for some trips, beach and other things. I will rent a car in LA, and would love you to come along for at trip if it is possible for you . By the way - where does Pierre and Alexander live?

I am looking very much forward to seeing you all again, and to see Vancouver, which, I have been told, as changed immensely during the last decades. And to see more of California, where I haven't spent much time at all.

We are getting settled in our new home, and even though several renewal projects are postponed because of our coming trip (economy that is) we are all very happy about the change, I am especially looking forward to many ,many long, light summer nights on the back, with barbecue in the sunset, which was not a luxoury we had at the former place.

Peter and Johan will be celebrating thair (church) confirmation this spring , which is a big party thing (not very sacred at all, rather the opposite). Unfortunately, their dad and I can not make this together, I hold a big party the week before the ceremony at church, and the boys have, after some time of frustration and grief, accepted this division, which was totally necessary for me. The man is still stalking me and sending perfid mails and messages. Now there will be to different celebrations, the only possible solution. Well talk to you soon again. Margareta
 

Hi Maggster! Thanks for last message. Been reasonably busy here as I had hoped to reply sooner. Nevertheless, am pleased to hear that you are settling in to your new place. I imagine we will be doing the same, (We hope!), in the next three months or so. Sorry to learn about the on-going battle with the boy's dad but I am not surprised, given what you have already told us about his seriously unbalanced behaviour.

Glad that your itinerary has come together to your satisfaction. Looking ahead to your arrival in Vancouver, I suspect that if we do find a place in the Okanagan we will drive to city to collect you. Depending on timing, we can either arrange to spend a night or so in town and/or then drive to our new abode, up-country, wherever that might happen to be. About a four-to-five hour drive so you might want to take that into consideration, given amount of travelling you will already have done by this time. Of course, we'd love to show you BC's wine country but will let you decide how you would like to spend your time in Vancouver and environs. (Have you been in touch with Megan?) Anyway, something to think about so that you will have a better idea of what might be possible.
Fondestos from Mme Coriandre. Cheers, Patrizzio!

  • Ayn P
    Ayn P

    We should plan a day at the beach
    They even have surfing classes if the boys are interested
  • Margareta Maunsbach
    Margareta Maunsbach

    HI Ayn, hope we can meet up in LA area. Surfing sounds great!! ( they don't know how to..)My idea is stay only two nights in las vegas, take the greyhound bus to LA. In L.A: we can stay a few days with and old acquaintance of my dad /our family. Now I have the fligth schedule I start planning more in detail about where to be and go in between. I'll keep you updated.
  • Ayn P
    Ayn P

    Sounds good! Do you know what part of LA you will be staying in?
  • Margareta Maunsbach
    Margareta Maunsbach

    I' m quite sure but ny sister said it is about 30 min uptown from Santa Monica Beach, if it makes sense. Not too far from UCLA as the lady works there... I write more when I have the info!
    Should be I 'm not quilte sure!
    Spelling..
  • Ayn P
    Ayn P

    Oh that's only 20 mins from me. Great!
  • Margareta Maunsbach
    Margareta Maunsbach

    Do you live in Van neyks or. ?..
    Write your address
  • Ayn P
    Ayn P

    I live in Valley Glen but my address is in the Van Nuys postal zone
  • Margareta Maunsbach
    Margareta Maunsbach

    Okay, I 'll check it out .should you have boom for ud staying over 2-3 nights? We can sleep on mattresses om floor.. ?
    Room I ment
  • Margareta Maunsbach
    Margareta Maunsbach

    ...or is all your spare square yards in function as wine depot as in 'olden days'
  • Margareta Maunsbach

    Margareta Maunsbach

    Other address in LA : casiano rd, up sunset blv. Near San Diego freeway.
  • Ayn P

    Ayn P

    Lol...I can make room but I can assure you that your dad's friends address is much fancier Lol! I live in a small open loft with my dog
  • Margareta Maunsbach
    Margareta Maunsbach

    Looks like it is only 10 min apart?!
    I know casiano rd is rather exclusive. But not sure how long er can stay anyhow now er know er will be within reach of each other!!
    Er = we
    The lady is a former swede who came to LA with her newly deceased husmand 55 yrs ago. She lives in that same house through sol those years and in their garden pool I was introduced to swimmingpool 11 months Old
  • Patrick James Dunn
    Patrick James Dunn

    Dear Dottore!
    I think you need to take spelling lessons while in Vancouver! We can enroll you in the ESL program at UBC while we take Peter and Johan on the Grouse Grind!
  • Margareta Maunsbach
    Margareta Maunsbach

    Its because I am lazy not putting on English spelling control on mobile and rushing too much
    Seriously now - do your real estate man think you will be out of Vancouver in August?
    What 's the time om West coast now? Here 19.47 pm
  • Patrick James Dunn
    Patrick James Dunn

    Hi again, Steel Magnolia! We will be out of the Islay Inn at noon on May 29th but whether we will be living elsewhere in Vancouver or somewhere in the Okanagan is yet to be determined. It's close to 11:00 am here.
  • Margareta Maunsbach
    Margareta Maunsbach

    Congrats on the house sale! Okay will not be able to make it to Vancouver before that, anyway. Good luck in finding a new home. Am curious to learn about it eventually!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment