Thursday 5 March 2015

Hope-Princeton Penticton Blues: Thursday, March 5th!

Not being able to govern events, I govern myself. -Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)


 Scratch a pessimist and you find often a defender of privilege. -William Beveridge, economist and reformer (5 Mar 1879-1963) 

Hi I like the quick note, I will have to read it all later. Firstly, did you smell the poisonous gases? I hope you were not out on your bike! Dinao staying in White Rock since her apt is in the same neighbourhood, she said her eyes were burning and she felt sick. WOW! I think it is under control, but it is a bit frightening.

You sound busy, and you have obviously survived your latest crash! We head to St Maartins Friday the 13th - I have already had enough of the ice and snow even though I have only been back 2 weeks.  GTG - I am very busy!! ha ha. Take care, thanks for the email and for thinking of me. Rhoda
 
Hi Ice-and-Snow Whiner! Love to be visiting you two in St Maarten! One of the best holidays ever, except for our strange hosts! Sorry to hear about Dinao. Chloë was much more fortunate, as you will discover, later, when you read rest of message!


As soon as Mme Coriandre returns from her Presbytery meeting we are off to Penticton to view more properties. Will be thinking of you watching planes take-off and land at Maho Beach, drinking fabulous white wine, when we are wine-tasting even better hootch between viewing properties! Bestestos from Lady Mary to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Pics: Hoarders' bedroom yesterday! Fire at Port Metro Vancouver! Our bedroom for listing/showings!

View from our hotel window! Hello Young Lovers/Eiffel Tower People! What a city/Seine Riverscape! Love to be visiting there with you two! Funnily enough, just had a message from friends we stayed with in St Maarten! One of the best holidays ever, except for our strange hosts, and dogs, in Dallas! I told her I was sorry to hear about Dinao, their eldest daughter. Chloë was much more fortunate, as you will discover, when you read rest of message!
Will be thinking of you watching the lights of the Eiffel Tower, drinking French wine and nibbling French cheese when we are wine-tasting even better hootch between viewing properties! Fondestos from Cora Lee to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Goils, et al! Didn't leave Vancouver until 2:00 pm as Meeting Woman wasn't home until 12:10 pm and by the time she sent messages and had a bite to eat it was 1:30 pm. I had the car loaded by then and we said goodbye to Dusty and Clarisse shortly thereafter. Had to stop at Go-Green to make room for all the hootch we plan to bring back! Smooth sailing out of town and on the Hope-Princeton where there was minimal traffic. We were one of the few vehicles on the highway so a most pleasant drive.

Arrived at the Spanish Villa Resort, (franchise which includes faded glory of Americana Lodge in Redding!), across the road from Lake Okanagan, at just after 6:30 pm so only a four-and-a-half hour drive. We were assigned Room 256, on the 2nd floor, so after we brought all our luggage inside, (I brought my Trek in as well as not sure when I will be able to ride.), we set about making dinner. Brought along a couple of bottles of red as I knew we would be too late for any wine tasting. Opened a 2009 Brunello di Montalcino, Il Poggione, 14.5%, which Stefano had given us last Fall, after his trip to Italy. Wonderful indeed.

Coriandre zapped a large yam and fried four sausages while I threw together a mixed green salad, topped with diced bocconcini. We ate our delicious, impromptu meal, (Had brought all the foodstuffs from our fridge!), while we watched American Gangster. Neither of us had seen this film before and quite enjoyed Russell Crowe sparring with Denzel Washington. It was so tense, at times, that Mme Coriandre insisted I open a 2011 Soda Rock Cabbage, Five Star General, 14.6%, to get us through the difficult scenes! (No Coffaro left!)

After the film ended I did the dishes and Nana/ Cora Lee proceeded to try to burn down the place, a la bacon fire in Palm Desert or Sharktooth Annie's sneakers in the microwave trick at The Annexe! Coramandel forgot to bring her bean bags so thought she would use a rolled up towel instead. I thought I could smell something burning as she was brushing her teeth and when I mentioned this she ran to the microwave to discover the charred remains of the unlucky towel!

I have a splitting headache as I scribe, door open to sub-zero temperatures, hoping to dispel toxic fumes. Worse than chemical fire at Port of Vancouver yesterday! Must away as ambulance has just arrived and I'm heading to Emergency in Penticton, stopping at All Nite Licors for some malt! Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio!

Pics: Our recently acquired property, lakeshore view, in Penticton. Cheap and Cheerful and with only one bedroom, no room for Freeloaders!


No comments:

Post a Comment