Friday 2 October 2015

Indian Rock and Roll Blues: Friday, October 2nd!

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (2 Oct 1869-1948) 


Hello Leapsters! Just a quick note to say how much we are looking forward to "quaffing" some local plonk when you are here for Thanksgiving!

Cora Lee is off to Richard Cannings' campaign headquarters shortly and I'll be suiting up,
not long thereafter, for a ride to Indian Rock, far end of The Naramata, as far as one can go north, on paved road. Fab scenery and molto huffing and puffing on climb back up from lake. I assume/trust you are bringing your bikes so I'll introduce you to this particular route should this be of interest.

Fairly cloudy at the moment and forecast predicts some showers around 2:00 pm so hoping to beat the rain. Better outlook tomorrow, mostly sunny and breezy. As mentioned, in last message we are collecting the fall release at Orofino. On yesterday's hike, Aarturo mentioned that he is thinking seriously of joining me on ride but have yet to hear form him with confirmation. Shades of Peleton/Book Club! Any word on the latter?
Also shades of someone, (Ragin'), we know who "claims" he want to ride but always at another time!
 
Must away as Mme Coriandre has commanded that I be home in time to help her drain pot of ripe tomatoe pickle we are making.
We started laster evening once we were back from an art opening at the Lloyd Gallery. We strolled down around 7:00 pm. Local artist is Robyn Lake, in green, leaning against counter. Some of her larger canvases are priced around $3,000, so I'm thinking of starting to paint, en plein air, instead of cycling/hiking, using anaemic porch cleaner for my paint thinner! That way I can quaff the resulting solution! Stay well. Take care of each other and the environment. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Lloyd event and pickle production line! Plan to start making our own soap soon. We have a black sheep in back yard and Cora Lee intends to start weaving my cycling garb! Back to the land
here in The Okanagan so we spit on Salish Sea Folk! 

Hello again, Salish Sea/Lower Mainland Folk! Sorry, forgot to include snaps in last message. Obviously too, too much porch cleaner!  Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Left shortly after 10:00 am and knew I was Indian Rock bound. Wanted to do this ride again, after John had first introduced me to the route, a week or so ago. Quite cloudy and cool but almost perfect cycling weather. Started out,as per usual, and was soon humming along Naramata Road. What a wonderful swooping descent into tiny, picturesque community of IR. Vista of Penticton, as I climbed back up, was wonderful, Okanagan Lake and hills behind were painted in gorgeous muted blues. Short dipsy-doodle up road to Chute Lake and then I was on my way to Partridge/Boothe to descend into Naramata itself. Decided to go past Sandy Beach Lodge, as far as road would go north so did just that and then made my way back to Naramata Road via Old Main, right along the lake for a bit and then back up into hills of the various benches. Wind was against me as I headed south but I didn't mind as any climbs were minor in comparison to ones I'd already done. Home by 1:15 pm to Mme Coriandre's displeasure as I was too, too late to help her put the finished ripe tomatoe pickle in jars! Cannot please everyone so might as well please myself! Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/916450438#.Vg74FeIhtTY.email 

This coming Monday Jud will lead us to Little Nkawla from the trestle bridge in Summerland. "The route is quite easy, some rough road some gradual going uphill, some walking through the trees at the top and then trails downhill back to the vehicles

Stopping for lunch and some short breaks it takes about 3+ hours to complete the circle:. So we will leave the IGA parking lot in Summerland at 9am. Pentictonites can carpool at 8:40am. Afterwards we will stop for coffee and/or ice cream at Summerland Sweets! Bring your own coffee mug! They only serve coffee in paper cups......Sounds great!_  Hanneke
Hello Favourite Naramatians! Trust you are both well. Finally getting around to dealing with my backlog of email and I came across Lynne's confirmation for hotel in Chennai. I know Corinne answered your question about our arrival time, Lynne, but  I just wanted to make sure that we will pay once we arrive. Is that correct? As well, I assume our share will be around $110 CDN +/-, without taxes and service charge. Just don't want you to be out of pocket or have any misunderstandings, particularly at the very outset of the trip! 

As you know were are off to Orofino tomorrow. On yesterday's hike, Aarturo mentioned that he was thinking seriously of joining me on ride there but had a call late this afternoon and I'm riding solo. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Lloyd event and pickle production line! Plan to start making our own soap soon. We have a black sheep in back yard and Cora Lee intends to start weaving my cycling garb! Back to the land
here in Penticton so we spit on The Naramata!

No comments:

Post a Comment