Thursday 14 August 2014

Lake Dauphin L'Envoie, L'Envoie Blues: Wednesday, August 13th!

Drama is life with the dull bits cut out. -Alfred Hitchcock, film-maker (1899-1980)


Hope you are having a good time and that the weather is forecast to be better than it is here this Saturday for the wedding.  Could be umbrella time. Everything is fine with your place. Wondered if you could send me the address? Thanks have a safe drive home next week.  Pauline

Hi Pauline! Just back from a  three day trip to Clear Lake/Dauphin. We live on Lamey's Mill Road. Is this the address you wanted? Clara and Dusty are immediately beside us.

Trust everyone is well. Hope weather cooperates for wedding. We will be at a family wedding ourselves on Saturday. We will  begin the drive back to Vancouver, next day, on Sunday, August 17th.
Fondestos from all The Gang to one and all! Cheers, Il Conduttore!


Hope all is sunny on Saturday we will be at a wedding here, cousin's daughter getting married. See you soon, Corinne

Hello Pat, Apologies for the delay in responding, it’s all going so quickly and yet almost not fast enough. Thank you for your kind words, support, love, and offering to have me stay at your home - turns out I was able to stay at my brothers apartment which has comforted me.

I hope the celebration of your mom went as well as it could do - I’m sorry for your loss too. I’m here until the 24th so lets try to see each other even if for an hour. The funeral is on Saturday at 1pm at Mount Pleasant Funeral Home with a wake at a pub across the road. He would have wanted us to celebrate him so we will be doing just that. Safe travels back and hope to see you soon. Lots of love,
Lauren xoxo

Dear Lauren! So glad to hear from you and know that you are managing, to the extent possible, under such a terribly difficult situation. I am sure you were somewhat comforted to be in your brother's apartment, although very emotionally charged, as well, of course.

We are just back from a  three day driving trip.
The graveside memorial service for Mom went exceedingly well. Thank you for your condolences, especially when you yourself have to deal with such an unimaginable loss.

We will  begin the drive back to Vancouver on Sunday, August 17th and assume, all going well, we will be home, quite late on the 19th or else late afternoon on the 20th. I certainly hope we will be able to see you before you leave. Is there a phone number we could reach you at? Otherwise, I'll send a message once we are home and we can see how best to meet.

Once again, heartfelt sympathy to you, Lauren. Much love and concern, Corinne and Patrick.

Spoke to Chloe last night and we would like to have dinner with you both alone on Wed the 20th when I arrive in Vancouver. We both feel we need to have a talk as a family about some issues that are affecting everyone. So if possible, let's not invite anyone over if you have not already.

In regards to Tofino, Mom you expressed to me upon arrival at Falcon that it might be best for Poppa to stay home that weekend as you two were having a rough time. Chloe was also clear that getting Friday and Monday off for the trip was a bit stressful. That said, I was equally upset by the time I left and thought it best to call Mom and let her know that it would be best to have just the two of us. I have not let the Vogts know....I will likely tell them some story upon arrival as I know the food has already been ordered etc for our group and don't want to fliply cancel at this point. It was difficult to reach this realization and I'm sorry it made me tearful as we discussed it over the phone.

Secondly, I can also go by myself to Tofino as I know Uncle Peter is not a person you enjoy being around Mom. We can talk further and I am sorry of any feelings were hurt in this exchange. Ayn


Dinner on the 20th the 4 of us only is fine with me. I don't think it is fair not to give the Vogts notice about the change in number of people. It is still over a week and they will be able to change the food order i"m sure if they have notice.
 

I didn't say we were having a rough time, I said that I didn't trust Patrick not to say the wrong thing. I've also told you that your uncle Peter does not bother me. And also I don't imagine that I will be hanging out with Peter that much anyway. But it is up to you if you want to go alone.
 

Just got back from trip to Dauphin and Clear Lake with mom and dad. They seem to really enjoy our 2 nights away. Went to see our old house and home of Grandma and Grandpa Love and to the Durston farms and museum. Also went to cemetary to see Love graves of Mom's parents and brothers. Countryside was really lovely and it was good to take the time. See you next week Love Mom

I don’t want to go alone at all, which is why I asked my family to come with me for some support… in fact I am thinking, if anything, of not attending now at all. I just don’t want any scenes with the Vogts, there’ve been some issues at social functions this year. Your daughter thought the trip might be too difficult for you at this time so I was trying to be understanding. I am glad you had a good time away with your parents xoxo

I’m happy to hear that you and Dad are good….sorry for not remembering exactly the terms as to why you did not want to have us all go 

I have to say one thing, I have been at every ritual you’ve ever asked me to attend…I’ve participated fully and without question, renewal service, memorial or otherwise. That my family can’t behave respectfully in a setting and possess some control over themselves and do this with me is really depressing. You didn’t even have to attend the events, just be there for me.

I had no idea this was going to happen but in many ways, I am not at all surprised, it never goes well when I ask for help…again, I feel like a second-class citizen in this group. I will send re-imbursement for the ticket as soon as I can. Ayn


You know what, don’t even worry about it. You guys just go and be well and figure out what it is you need to be happy. I love you all, Ayn PS: truth is, John is not worthy of all this anger inside me

All I can hope is that we can get back to a better, more loving place one day. I fear for us. This has become our norm. Scenes in public and talking behind each other’s backs. I’m glad the boys are not as aware of how bad it is right now.  
Chloe did not enjoy my earlier stream of thought in between my meetings today...so we went off to finish by text. I guess the bottom line was that I was disappointed to learn the trip to Tofino would be a concern due to fear of pubic humiliation. It made me very sad to realize this was an issue. I am at a loss as to what to do. My only priority is to be a gracious guest while with the Vogts....but seriosly, I wish things were better than what I saw. Love Ayn

Can't sleep...looking up travel to Tofino and without a car it will be difficult for me to get there so I think it best that I stay home. I can't afford another rental at this time. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Ayn

Greetings! Do you know yet when you expect to arrive? Look forward to seeing you all! G&F 

Hi Fran & Gregg, It is now just Ayn and I going. I hope that is ok. We will arrive on Friday afternoon. Not sure what ferry we will get. Still in sunny Manitoba leave for home on the 17th. Love Corinne

 
Dear Patrick Dunn, Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I would be happy to assist you with this, however I do need some more information. Can you please clarify what you mean by you have not receive any email links? Are you able to view your activities when you log into your Garmin Connect account? Please let me know if you have any further questions. With Best Regards, Amy, Customer Care - Fitness Team, Garmin International

Hi Amy! I can view my cycling activities when I log into my Garmin Connect account but when I "share" them via email, I don't receive the links, to my email address, as had always been the case, ever since I first began uploading activities in July 2012. If I "share" via Facebook the links are posted, on that system, however. Since I do prefer the email link I would very much appreciate knowing why this particular method no longer seems to work. I trust it an be re-initiated. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!




No comments:

Post a Comment