Monday 4 August 2014

Moody Manitoba Morning Civic Holiday Blues: Monday, August 4th!


If a homological adjective is one that is true of itself, e.g., "polysyllabic", and a heterological adjective is one which is not true of itself, e.g., "bisyllabic", then what about "heterological"? Is it heterological or not? -Grelling's Paradox 


Our sincerest laughter With some pain is fraught; Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought. -Percy Bysshe Shelley, poet (1792-1822)  

Hi Chooch and Brunello! Lovely to visit with you two. Only sorry it was such a brief visit! Relieved to learn that you were not swept away in the rain and thunder. I'm sure it was disconcerting, to say the least. One year, coming back from San Antonio, we caught the tail end of a hurricane that had devastated parts of Mexico and the rain storm we encountered came along so quickly that before we knew it our windshield wipers could not take away the water quickly enough to see! Pretty frightening, traveling at 70 mph. Was worried about running into something or going off the highway. Fortunately, as you said: "Delivered without incident!"

Buona Fortuna with Masters. Don't hold your breath too, too long. December is a long way away! Fondestos to you from Cora Lee, et al. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Wow! Great running commentary and wonderful pictures! Seriously I feel like we were there. I am so glad that everything worked out so beautifully. I am sure that Annie would have loved that celebration. You, Corinne and Ayn look so lovely in that photo. You must frame it! Love to you all. Until we meet again! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Ciao. Xoxo

PS.  Love you without the beard!  And we have two fridges you are welcome to come and clean out and replenish as necessary and the pool is heated and calling you! 

Never a dull moment is there? That looks like a major beard trim! Bruno

Patrick Dunn Hi Bruno! Le Fleuve seems angry. Is it windy? Sorry but I'm not sure how to become part of your circle! Which button do I click? Desperately seeking Google help. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

Bruno Sterckeman Hi Patrick, that photo was taken in May. My guess is the white lines over the water are snow geese. I think you just have to click on one circle, the one called Friends.
Hi Colin and Jo-Anne! Trust you are both well. Couldn't reply sooner as I couldn't set my password! Fondestos to you both from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Stefano and Kathleen! Trust you are both well. Your revised itinerary sounds fab. I'll let Trev know. Renovations to bungalow sound very exciting. May never move out when next we visit!!! Loved your characterization of your diesel!

Things have not been "settling down" as you noted. Ayn did a simply stellar job as Emcee at Anniversary Dinner. Hello from all The Gang. Fondestos to you both from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Paul! Trust you are both well. Thanks for sending along information on Cuba trip. Sounds like a more than wonderful affair but with our planned trip to India next year, I don't think it is something that will work for us, although Cora Lee may well have other thoughts. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Constant Gardeners and Polar Bear Swimmers! Trust you are both well.  From the sound of it, you certainly seem to be leading the Good Life, both on the home front as well as on the music scene. Would be great to meet Natalia's parents at some point, if things work out for everyone. Had a brief message from Blissful George. Gather he has limited connectivity, cell phone only, at this point. I think he is saying this so that I won't send along any lengthy updates!
Regards from Clara and Dusty. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Sunshine Valley People! Trust you are both well. From the sound of it, you certainly seem to be enjoying the summer, between Shuswap, Osoyoos, Oliver and the cabin in Paradise! (Could only open first two snaps so not sure if it is something at my end or with initial attachments.) Fondestos to you four from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Pat and David! Trust you are both well. First an foremost, I apologize for not being in touch sooner. However, when I say "No excuses, but plenty of reasons", I'm actually telling the truth. Has been a social whirlwind ever since we returned from Penticton/Naramata. In fact, I wasn't staying in a B&B but with friends, Lynne and Peter, but their place is so gorgeous that I simply refer to it as The Naramata Inn.

More to follow but wanted to get this off while I could, before connectivity seizes up! Fondestos from Cora Lee
to you both.  Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Ski and The Great Ronaldo! Trust you are both well. Still keeping on the look-out for something for Dinao. Fondestos from Cora Lee Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Glasgow! Trust you Catherine and Alexa are well. From the sound of it, [We heard party here in Mnaitoba!], you certainly seem to be enjoying the summer! Had a brief message from Blissful Giorgio on Galiano. Gather he has limited connectivity, cell phone only, at this point. I think he is saying this so that I won't send along any lengthy updates! Regards from Clara and Dusty. Fondestos to you three from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello GG and UBC Folk! Trust everyone is well. Since I know you have limited connectivity, Whirlissimo, I've included Kerry in message, in case you two meet, in Victoria, with Kurt, and she can pass along news, snaps, etc!! Regards from Clara and Dusty who thank you for the good wishes. Fondestos to you three from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello O Susannah and Champagne Charlie! Trust everyone is well. Still very busy here, as I'm sure you can imagine. Dinner around 7:00 pm, after golfers returned, week ago today, and then a table of bridge. Dusty and I took on Rosita and Coriandre and came out ahead by 120 points, so pretty close, overall. Sipping on a Breaking & Entering Bourbon Whiskey, 43%, [From Kensington Wine Market!], as I bid, so could not complain. Regards from Clara and Dusty. Fondestos to you both from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Just had the Sun en route to Alaska cruise by a moment ago-thought I saw Madi & Madi on deck! Cheers, Gregg

P, Thank you for sharing this with us. I wish I could have been there. I am glad it felt right for you.

I an grateful thar you shared this with Kerry. She would appreciate knowing of this important occasion, and how you felt about it. Sadly, at the moment, we are estranged. I remain hopeful for a more promising future. Unfortunately this is out of my control. Fond regards to all the clan. Safe riding, W

hi patrick,i am glad the ceremony went well and you felt closure of the circle.it must have been so pleasing to have everyone /family there.it sounds like a great visit with continuous happenings.take care.matt 


Patrick, Bruno will have to remind you of the family he worked for in Dauphin. Weren't they Durstons, Bruno? I am back in the office :( Not going to last here long today. It feels like I should still be out by the pool. cheers!


Hi Circle Friends! Due to connectivity problems, the following paragraph describing the Boeing Wind Tunnel experiment wasn't included initially! Be great if Bruno can recall names/circumstances of people he worked for in Dauphin. Cheers, Patrizzio!







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment