Thursday 11 September 2014

Dottore K's Dermo Blues: Thursday, September 11th!

You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty. -Jessica Mitford, author, journalist, and civil rights activist (1917-1996) 


Hi Patrizzia and Tesla Man, aka Spam Free People! Very pleased that harvest is going so well! Take care of each other and we'll chat anon. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Start of Whistler GF, (Stanley Park), with Whirlygig, (L), Carlos The Jackal, (R); Bridging with our Squamish hosts, Ricardo and Ruthless, after GF; Sarge and Flamin' last Sunday evening; big smile from Big Al; Toshi on our new cabinet-style Murphy bed; Gayle and son-in-law, Mark; The Goils, with Krissy, Mark's wife, in middle; Derek and Mark; 

Christina Tassell Great day, walked through the vineyards from Neffies to Roujan, total 10k.

  • Patrick James Dunn Loved riding this stretch!
  • Patrick James Dunn However I do take exception to the following aspersion:
    "Hi Wayne, what an ordeal, makes holidaying with Patrick James Dunn an absolute doodle LOL. Wayne Sutherland" Mutual, I'm sure!!!!
  • Christina Tassell Patrick James Dunn we are not game to ride bikes on the roads here, we were expecting quiet country lanes;)
  • Patrick James Dunn Sorry, I forgot you are from Hicksville, Tea Tree Gully! Go up the "mountain" behind Neffiès and head towards Vailhan or right just out of Neffiès, (opposite direction from where you are standing), to take a "quiet country lane", (Perhaps you were on it!), to D125 to Vailhan or continue across D125 and that will lead you to Gabian, cross-country on a tiny, lovely wine road. Both were favourites of mine. Out of Roujan make for Alignan-du-Vent or head out of Neffiès on D30E4 towards Caux, fairly flat, or, instead of going through Neffiès go left out your front door to make for Fontes on D174. More hills but not as arduous as climbing mountain! Quit whining and Explore!
Krissy's Burrata, tomatoe, prosciutto and fresh basil salad, bœuf bourguignon and mashed potatoes, baked and covered with a crunchy Parmesan browned topping, for main. Pièce de résistance. (In a Martha Stewart pot, picked up at Macey's last Thanksgiving Weekend Sale, at which even Canadians can purchase!) Krissy is a wonderful, wonderful chef! (She has obviously inherited her father's genes as Derek is a terrific cook/baker as well.) She and Mark started their own business a few years ago. They own/operate a food truck, Pig-on the Street: http://www.pigonthestreet.com/  

What a ride. We are very impressed with you Patrick. The shorts deserve an explanation - Stacee and I had a good giggle over your elegance. I am currently in Ottawa with her as she has meetings and I thought I would be a tourist. We head for Vancouver tonight. Maybe we can have a visit as I am in Vancouver until Tuesday. Gerry is in Kimberley for a week of golf with friends - they had snow yesterday! Cheers, Dawn

Hi Tourist Woman! Say hello to Steven if you have a chance! Thanks very much for your kind words on GF. I looked at Scott's time and I almost had a heart attack, never mind Sarge! Please pass along a fellow, (but immeasurably slower), participant's congratulations!!! Just under 30 km/hr! Simply amazing so very, very, well done indeed! Please say hello to Maggs as well. You must invite Scot over when next we can get together. I'll ply him with copious quantities of malt in an effort to slow him down!

Unfortunately, looks like I'll miss you, yet again, unless we can connect this evening. I suspect you'll be either too tired or too late arriving, given what you mentioned in message. I'm off to Parksville tomorrow. Plan to ride to HB and then from Departure Bay to Madroña Manor. Cora Lee won't be coming over until Saturday as she has a meeting earlier that morning. (What else is new?) At any rate, give us a shout as I know Coriandre would like to see you and we'd both like you to meet Gayle and Derek, (see below), as well as Toshi. (I think you might have met her at Hotel Kits) Let us know what you think and we'll plan accordingly!


Hello to Stacee. Will Snowshoe Golf be next Olympic sport? Take care of each other and we'll chat anon. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre. She and Toshi just left to go downtown, Cora Lee for a meeting, (!), and Toshi to wander. G/D are being tourists at GI. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Margo! Glad you enjoyed the account and thanks for kind words. Be delighted if you could be part of Team Jackal next year! Hello to Carlos The Jackal. Tell him you want a place on TJ for 2015 GF! I'm hoping to pop by your office once back from VI to say hello in person. We can make CtJ an offer he can't refuse if he is being difficult about next year's team entry! Even if BoniMaddison doesn't win free passes firm can sponsor us, entry fee, riding shorts and shirts, night at Fairmont Chateau Whistler, couple of cases of champagne and an endless supply of Russian caviar! Can hardly wait. Might even skip ride and start drinking when first crazy rider whose inner self isn't complaining/whining, crosses Finish Line. No Pain, More Gain!!! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hi Glasgow! Thanks for kind words. Much appreciated! Just sent a note to Carlos The Jackal, informing him I want a place on TJ for next year's event! Cheers, Il Conduttore!  try ,not driving for 6 years and medical check ups every 6 weeks.ha so ! matt

Hi Petros! Glad you enjoyed GF account! Couldn't even think about riding on Sunday, even once home, never mind from Squamish! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hi again, Petros! Forgot to thank you for clarifying initialisms. Looking at them in this new light, I think I prefer not having known what they stood for! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Gianna! Thanks for kind words. With respect to Garmin, if you click on link ride comes up. Towards right hand corner of screen you can click on "View in Metric". Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hi GF 2011 Woman! I did include you in message detailing ride. Let me know if you didn't receive it and I'll send it along again. Very pleased with results so more than happy! I know exactly what you mean about Taylor Way as I experienced it for the first time, week ago Tuesday, when I rode up to Squamish as part of course reconnoitering. Squamish to Whistler and back on Wednesday, Squamish to Vancouver on Thursday. Details available upon request!!! I'm off shortly, to ride a couple of loops of Stanley Park, hunting for tourists myself! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Pat, Nice to see evidence of Sarge up and about! I'm glad that you had such a great Gran Fondo ride. Perhaps you and Corinne should be planning a trip to Italy and you could do a Fondo there, at the actual Birthplace of Gran Fondos!!
Hey, if you could get me a free entry and night at the Fairmount, I'd join Team Jackal in a heartbeat. We'll plan a little dinner partay after all the VF's (film and writers). Sara (GF 2011 and 13)

Hello Sieur de Galiano! Sorry that I've not addressed a message to you, personally, since you left to catch the Night Train home! It was a grand time, all around, and so pleased you were finally able to meet The Squamoids! Thank you for companionship!

Had a message from Sara and she actually rode up Taylor Way, on Saturday, at some point after route opened. I told her I knew exactly what she meant about Taylor Way, (watching out for traffic, etc.), as I experienced it for the first time, week ago Tuesday, (alone I might add!), when I rode up to Squamish
. Also know what you mean about lack of energy, Post-Ride Traumatic Stress Syndrome!
 
Fondestos from Mme Coriandre. Cheers,Il Conduttore!

Pics: Post GF; Big smile from Big Al; new apron and fridge magnet from G/D, "dreckly" translates, from Cornish accent/usage, as "directly" which actually means "later, much, much later, if ever" as in Sisterhood parlance, "I'm off to the weight room dreckly, once I've had another helping and picked up some new gym shoes to match the elliptical!" 

Hey Pat, Assume you will want to ride all the way with good weather? (If not, can pick you you up at ferry). Which ferry are you getting? Maybe a little Leonetti with Lasgna? Cheers, Grog

Hi Groggenheimer! I plan to catch the 12:50 pm ferry from HB. Thanks for offer to collect me but, as you mention, I do want to take advantage of the gorgeous weather. All going well, I should be knocking on your door sometime around 4:00 pm, perhaps a tad earlier, depending on wind, etc. I'll phone if something changes.

Whistler GranFondo went exceedingly well.
Very pleased with results so more than happy! (Detailed report available upon request!) We can chat about event over Leonetti and Lasagna! Sounds fabulous! 


Fondestos from Mme Coriandre. This afternoon she and Toshi went downtown, Cora Lee for a meeting, (Surprised?), and Toshi to wander. D/G were playing tourist at GI. I'm just back from doing a couple of loops of Stanley Park, hunting for tourists myself! Stats for ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/588414077#.VBJK7Dzkqk0.email

Just a pure delight on Seawall, looking out on English Bay, Lions Gate and North Shore Mountains. Made me almost forget all the recreational cyclists meandering all over "my" dedicated bike path! Fondestos from Coriandre to you and Lurch. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Habañero Hombre! Forgot to thank you for passing along fab recipe! Trust your energy level has returned to normal. Went downstairs to say hello to Sarge a few minutes ago. He was knitting, along with Vivacious Viv! Actually he looked very relaxed and sweater is taking shape nicely. Another for Avery. 

I also wanted to borrow one of their bike locks as I want Derek to use it when he puts the very spiffy road bike, (Garneau SL 1, I believe, with carbon front forks, rest aluminum, but very light.), he borrowed from Mark, on my bike rack, locking it to cable attached to rack itself. Don't want it to disappear on ferry! Bike is a replacement for one Mark had stolen from work, in a supposedly secure bike room! Fondestos from Coriandre. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Squamoids! Trust all goes well with you two. Thanks again for your unstinting hospitality and never-ending generosity. Thanks again for including Giorgio. I know how much he enjoyed himself and how delighted he was to finally meet.

Must away as I have to pack a few things before Cora Lee turns out her bedside lamp. Busy morning before I leave to ride to HB.
Fondestos from Coriandre. Thanks again, for everything, dear, dear friends. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: new apron and fridge magnet from G/D, "dreckly" translates, from Cornish accent/usage, as "directly" which actually means "later, much, much later, if ever" as in lawyer parlance, "I'm off to court dreckly, once I've had another round of golf!" 

Hello Neffiès! Trust all goes well with you two. Glad that you enjoyed the market at Pézenas. Did you meet any of the people I mentioned? Fondestos from Coriandre. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pic: new apron and fridge magnet from G/D, "dreckly" translates, from Cornish accent/usage, as "directly" which actually means "later, much, much later, if ever" as in ocker parlance, "I'm off to work dreckly, once I've had another few fourex mate!" 

Hi Arizona Babe! Trust all goes well with you. Fondestos from Coriandre. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pic: new apron and fridge magnet from G/D, "dreckly" translates, from Cornish accent/usage, as "directly" which actually means "later, much, much later, if ever" as in Craig parlance, "I'm deal with that dreckly, once I've dealt with a few other matters!" 

Hi Petition Woman! Signed, sealed and delivered! Trust all goes well with you, under circumstances. Buona Fortuna! Onward!! Fight!!! Fondestos from Coriandre. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pic: new apron and fridge magnet from G/D, "dreckly" translates, from Cornish accent/usage, as "directly" which actually means "later, much, much later, if ever" as in litigation law parlance, "We'll deal with that dreckly, once we've bankrupted you!" 

On Thursday I rode to Horseshoe Bay to take 12:50 pm ferry to Departure Bay, Nanaimo, and thence ride on to Parksville. Wonderful day so most enjoyable. Stats for ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/589864543#.VBU1ILayDRo.email

Arrived about 4:30 pm, fighting same strong head wind that had dogged me en route to HB! Had a fab dinner of Lurchesca's mouth-wateringly tasty lasagna and a magnificent 2011 Leonetti Merlot, 14%, from Grogg's cellar. (Pat and David need to plan thier next visit to include a trip to Vancouver Island and Madroña Manor as I'd be curious to hear what David thinks about Grogg's collection!)
 
 
 
















No comments:

Post a Comment