Saturday 10 January 2015

Ho Chi Minh Blues: Saturday, January 10th!

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it. -Tallulah Bankhead, actress (1903-1968) 


Not only tardy! but with spelling errors too (see "fro" - unless you were apologizing for that sad mop you call a haircut). What time do you think we will make it back to the Islay Inn after show and tell? Thank you for the invite, please do not feel obligated to invite me just because I was part of the long table plans (as always, I hate to intrude). What time do you think we will make it back to the Islay Inn from said show and tell? I do not want to rush the event in any way with my need to get to work on time


Hi Spelling Bee Champ! You never intrude, Vittorio, just offend! We have to be back home for another gathering so I suspect we would be heading out shortly after 3:00 pm. Whirlygig and La Fionda may elect to stay longer but they understand everyone's timetables so will make their own way home, if needs be. If you are coming plan to arrive by 12:40 pm and that way we can head over sooner.

I'm off to FCCC to ellipticise shortly so either send a message or call to let Mme Coriandre, know your plans. Cheers, Egg Tart Patrizzio! Stats for FCCC ellipticiser: 1060 calorifics over 70 minuten for a climb of 14, 067' and a distance of 3.40 milos


I will see you at the Islay Inn at 12ish! always happy to offend! VL

Hello Admiral Perry et al! Thank you so much for the wonderful, wonderful afternoon. The pictures, travel tales and slide show were simply marvellous. You are a most kind and very, very generous host. I do hope that we will be able to cross paths in the not too, too distant future. Please send along details for Slovakia bike trip as Whirlygig has offered to underwrite expedition for both Vittorio and myself! Thanks again. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre. Cheers, Patrizzio!

It was great to have you over. Enjoyed the afternoon. I can't easily find the June trips itineraries so I have emailed Katarina to send them to you directly.

If you like hiking sign up for Wanderung. I lead more trips for them by far than anyone else so maybe you can make one of the hikes. Perry

Hello all (or maybe comrades is more appropriate for this edition of the NRBC), my apologies, but due to work I will be extremely late to the NRBC meeting (arrival ca 2100hrs) Happy New Year! VL

Hello White Rabbit et al! If you, Vittorino, spent more time paying attenzione to what you need to do instead of apologizing, in advance, for being late, you would probably be able to make your commitments on time! The hungry, nay ravenous Piglet is greedily awaiting your late arrival so take your time and stop off at an ATM en route. Take out plenty of cash! Cheers, Patrizzio, Swiss Banker and Interim Treasurer NRBC, Pro Tem!

will be there 6:45 sharp; matt 

Nice stroll up to the French Cultural Centre near Fir and 7th, as you probably know. Cafe Salade de Fruits was fairly busy but our table was ready so we didn't have to wait long. Corkage is allowed, ($14 bottle, so not dirt cheap but like it that way), and we took the Stag's Hollow Riesling which was delish. Matt had brought along an incredibly lush, full-bodied Spanish red which went down quite marvelously with my Lapin confit aux olives sauce provencale! Mme Coriandre started with the Rillette de Canard and this particular appetizer was absolutely delicious. Portion was so plentiful that she insisted I help her. Didn't have to be asked twice! I was sole dessert person but had to fend off rest of gang as they all wanted some of my Crème brulée!

We walked M/C back to their car. They had parked near the restaurant and walked down to our place. Great stroll home as it was a gorgeous night. Watched an episode of The Knick before toddling off to bed.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment