Sunday 11 January 2015

NRBC Piglet Blues: Sunday, January 11th!

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey, naturalist and author (1927-1989)


Hi Glasgow! Trust you made it home safely. Lovely evening all around so thank you both for grand suggestion. Great stroll home as it was a gorgeous night. Watched an episode of The Knick before toddling off to bed.

I'm planning to ride out to Iona in about an hour or so. Let me know if you are interested in joining me. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: The Sisterhood; Tintin looking at Café Salade de Fruits menu; Glasgow himself; grainy shot taken from surveillance tapes!


See you all there, despite that I did my duty and have not read the book. Cheers
Moe                                                   What Moe said...8^) cheers, Mark

hello all again, seems I woke up this morning with a belated Christmas gift in the form of the rhinovirus. Given the tender age of some of the NRBC members, it's best I stay away since if I infect anyone it might be their "last" cold, ever. Looking forward to the next meeting. Moe, do you still have an ebook version of the next book? Take care, VL

Hi RhinoVittorino et al! Sorry to hear that you've come down with a bug of some sort, Vittorio. Take care of yourself.

Misha, if you are planning to attend, call me and I'll let you into the parkade. Hope to see the rest of the Great Unread in a few hours. Cheers, Patrizzio, Keeper of the Gluttonous Piglet! Pic: Rhinoexcusoid didn't show any symptoms yesterday!


Thank you Patrick, If it works I will give you a call when arrive. M  Hi Misha! Your regular spot has been reserved! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pat, I believe I caught it from being around you too much this week - as close to a rhino as a human can be sorry to flood everyone's inboxes with this irreverent banter (last one I promise) VL


Dear Rhino Man! You have things backwards, Vitorino. You didn't succumb sooner simply by being around me and my aura! Cheers, LangueDoc Patrizzio!

Hi Calamity and Giggster! Great day yesterday so thanks for organizing it. Glad you were able to come back here to have a bit of a visit. Both of us enjoyed that part of the day as well. Spent the time, after you left, answering email and sipping java/tea to ready ourselves for next stage! Glasgow and Catherine arrived at 6:45 pm, on the dot, and we started all over again!

Had planned to ride out to Iona this morning and called Matt to see if he was interested in joining me. He couldn't so I set out around 1:00 pm but mist/fog was a lot heavier than I thought it would be so I literally turned around before I reached entrance to GI. Actually, it was more like a steady drizzle at this point and not all that appealing for an extended outing. Washed of my bike, (from last ride), before heading over to FCCC to ellipticize the afternoon away. [
FCCC ellipticizer for 1040 calorifics over 70 minuten and 14,067'] See you, Tom Cat, shortly, unless you have managed to catch the Asian Flu! Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Thought you might enjoy some of these recipes. Chloë posted link earlier today:



http://www.buzzfeed.com/mackenziekruvant/easy-vegetarian-dinners#.jaBBdNY6K


Hi Pat Hope all is well. When I left UBC it turned out that I had no online access to library databases. Has this in any way changed? I notice they now have a phone app for ubc journals. Any way I can hack this to get online access?
cheers Ron

Hi Mr Grizzle! All goes well here but sorry to say that I can't help you. I very rarely use the UBC Library web page so am not the person to talk to. I'd give Tracy a call in Systems. She has always been very helpful since I retired or else Jo-Anne Naslund in the Education Library. Happy New Year to you and Janice. Cheers, Patrizzio!






No comments:

Post a Comment