Thursday 29 January 2015

Post 90th Birthday Blues: Thursday, January 29th!

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. -Edward Abbey, naturalist and author (29 Jan 1927-1989)


Dearest Floridian and Cactoosian! Trust all goes well and that you pay strict and close attention to Subject line!!!! We are hoping to insist ourselves on you for two nights, (Wednesday, February 4th/Thursday, February 5th), if you will have us! Anyway, let us know what works best for you two and we'll plan accordingly. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre. Cheers, Patrizzio

I saw Chloe's post on Facebook with the sale of your condo advertised. I hope you do put in a bid and buy it back for yourself. That might be the best solution....We can talk about your move to Bear Country (and I don't mean Golden Bear Country) when you are here. 


You are most fortunate in that our friends from Boulder, Brent and Krista, have already put in their reservations at Casa Vicente; but they don't arrive until Friday the 6th, so you won't find a "No Vacancy" shingle posted alongside the bird feeder.  We will cancel all plans, of course, during the duration of your visit, but luckily, we don't have any. Please be prepared for summer weather by the way....all our rain has moved north and east, navy showers for all. Cact.
Chloe Alexis Dunn So my folks have put their place on the market, open house this weekend, have a look and please share!!! Thanks


davecollette.ca|By Dave Collette
Joanne McCuaig Whaaaaaaaaat!!!!! Love that place!
Patrick James Dunn Malt cabinet will be locked and sealed!

Chloe Alexis Dunn Buy it Joanne McCuaig!!!  

Joanne McCuaig I wish I could!!!!!

Chloe Alexis Dunn me too then I could visit
Patrick Chang I'm gonna miss that place. But I will see you in Okanagan

Carol Riera I'm winning the lottery on Friday and then buying it! Can't stand the thought of not going there when in Vancouver
    
Noelle Kendell Oh how I wish I could convince Jason to move to Vancouver! I would buy it in a heartbeat.

[It's the only program of its kind in It's the only program of its kind in Vancouver 
huffingtonpost.ca 
Patrick James Dunn Your Mother was an ardent supporter of this program when First United was seeking funding!]

Nicole Marie Jason Tingstad please come !!!!!

Nicole Marie This made me sad to see don't advertise for them and maybe they can't leave

Patrick James Dunn If you and Marvinator buy The Islay Inn it will be easier for Sarge to grandparent! 

Rebecca Ann Don't go Patrick James Dunn and Corinne Durston.

Alastair Bird Sorry to hear they'll be moving. We've been in a fog for far too long and didn't even know about these plans. Where in the Okanagan?

Chloe Alexis Dunn They have no place yet Alastair Bird but are determined to leave 

Bev Power I am so sad by this news!


Ilya Brotzky Oh Man, sorry to see you guys go

Chloe Alexis Dunn See Patrick James Dunn and Corinne Durston no one wants you to go!!!

Ayn P I don't recognize the kitchen without the fridge magnets.

Chloe Alexis Dunn their house looks so good, they were saying they should put an offer on it! lol  

Patrick James Dunn Looking at places in The Naramata and Penticton but have not ruled out OK Falls, Osoyoos or Oliver, at this point. Early days! We are more than touched that so many of you don't want us to leave Vancouver but we certainly expect everyone to visit us if we do make move! 

Thank you, Patrick, that should work out just fine and I really will appreciate the ride to the station! Please note: my area code is 360, not 306, in case you need to call me! Hope to see you Monday, E.

Hi once more, Elena Thank you very much for pointing out correct area code! Plan remains the same so trust we will be knocking on your door fairly early Monday morning. Cheers, Patrizzio!

  
Hello Casa Vicente! Appreciate advance booking! Great dinner this even. Pitturas from same. More later. Cheers, Patrizzio!  

Was in a bit of a fog after celebrating Rosita's 90th, toasting and playing bridge all evening. Had a wonderful birthday meal of steaks, (Cora Lee on bbq), Dusty's twice-baked potatoes, mashed cauliflower and a delish Caesar, again by Mme Coriandre. Long and the short of it was that I literally didn't suit up and leave fro my ride until 3:30 pm. This being the case I didn't really want to hit the Seawall to Stanley Park as it really starts to get busy by this time of the afternoon with pesky dog walkers, joggers and meandering tourists on rental bikes. Decided I'd pile on the km's on the route around Olympic Village that I've used in the past as a "gerbil" cage!

Once I had just slightly over 20 km on the clock I decided I'd risk the Seawall and was pleased that it was not nearly as busy as I feared it might be. Encouraged, I rode all the way past the Aquatic Centre and then looped back to cross over the Burrard Bridge to make my way along Point Grey to Jericho. Light was starting to fade as it was just after 5:00 pm by then but I'd my trusty LED's along so wasn't worried about visibility. Once at Brock House I retraced my route, heading back over the Burrard Bridge to make my way along Seawall, once more, and home, with but a slight dipsy-doodle at Olympic Village to give me the distance I had set as my goal by the time I was back at The Heartbreak Terrace. Stats for ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/685780864#.VMs22b9ZYqg.email

Home by 5:50 pm and pleased that I'd pushed the AVG higher, (21.1 km/hr) than Wednesday's lacklustre showing of 19.3 kph. Did a bit of food prep until Ragin' Bull arrived a few minutes later. Had invited him for dinner and bridge. He selected Four Barrels Single Barrel Bourbon, 50%, from the cabinet so we had a few snorts while I made a mixed salad. This done, I headed off to have a shower and he took a look at some of the niggling "problems" I'd been experiencing with my laptop. Scrubbed and changed I finished readying the steamed spinach we were having just as Rosita brought over the meat loaf and mashed potatoes she was contributing. Cora Lee was a meeting and we waited until 7:30 pm to see if she would appear. When she didn't we tucked into the scrumptious meal. Fortunately, for her, she arrived not too, too many minutes later, while there was still some Clarisse's fab food left!

After the wonderful meal we cleared the table and Ragin' and I took on The Durston Sisterhood. We won a quick rubber first but The Goils stormed back to take a slow rubber next, followed rather too, too quickly, from our point of view, by a quick rubber. Many very, very well played hands on their part so they certainly deserved the decided victory. It was just after 10:00 pm by then so everyone was ready to stop for the evening. Thanked Ragin' for all his computer help and he toddled off. Cora Lee helped her Mom take overlefts back to The Annexe while I finished tidying up. Bit of messaging before heading to bed to read until just past midnight.

Wowsers...it will be such a change for you to move out into the countryside, away from your beautiful downtown digs....but I'm sure you'll love it! I'm certainly happy that we were able to visit you in Vancouver and see what your life there was all about before your having moved on! But now it appears that we'll have a new destination to try to visit in the future! (Loved the photos of your place...makes you wonder about leaving it, doesn't it?).

As far as your traveling down this way on the way to Palm Dessert, etc., when you say you may be here on Wednesday, do you mean Wednesday February 4th? Regrettably, we are going to be away next week as February 5th is Dave's mother's 93rd birthday (she has a few years on Clara!) and we are headed down her way and will also spend a couple of days "on the beach" in Santa Cruz, one of our favorite getaway spots for just relaxing and enjoying the fresh sea air. We will return on the 6th, I believe. Let us know your exact plans next week so that we can catch up with you and Corinne if possible.

Thanks for the updates and latest pix....never a dull moment! Pat PS The sisterhood is a remarkable (and so similar) looking trio. 


Hi Pat! Thanks for quick reply and compliments on our place. Open House this Saturday so I'm planning  along ride that day! Sorry we won't connect on way south. [We have always enjoyed our visits to Santa Cruz as well. Congratulations and Birthday Wishes to Dave's mother. Bravo! Hip Hip Hooray!!!] Plan to stay in Palm Desert until February 17th after which we will begin trek back to Vancouver. Not sure, as of this writing, whether we will visit friends in Fresno. If we do, we will probably head north through foothills, Tahoe, etc. If not we will probably overnight in Berkeley so depending on your schedule, perhaps we can connect. Still planning to drop by to collect latest release if that is possible, on Wednesday, February 4th. I assume that will be fine but would appreciate confirmation of such. Thanks. Cheers, Patrizzio!

I think I said I will be gone on the 4th but of course someone will be here to get your wine for you. After the 6th of Feb we should be here through April, SO stop on by............Dave   




No comments:

Post a Comment