Thursday 23 April 2015

Blacklist Blues: Thursday, April 23rd!

Drop the question what tomorrow may bring, and count as profit every day that fate allows you. -Horace 


Hi Pat, I thought that this might interest you. I imagine that you have a story or two to tell! Sara

Hi Sara Jane! Trust you are well. Thanks for sending along the "I Remember" message. I did know about it as Tom spoke on the subject at the luncheon the day I popped by to say hello. However, appreciate the reminder as I have been meaning to submit something so this has spurred me into action!

With forecast for rain and yesterday's decent outing, I plan to head over to FCCC to elliptize after I mule more boxes from next door and do some packing here as well. Lots to do on that front but feel pretty good about progress to date. 

Further to the Penticton front, we will be hosting a Farewell Party/Empty Open House on Saturday, May 23rd, so hope you and Dermot might be able to attend. I will be sending out e-invitations shortly, as soon as the Harsh Packing Task Mistress cuts the box tape, (Kinky Cora Lee really loves the kind we purchased at U Haul, the other day, as she claims it is easier on her nails/talons!), off my wrists and ankles! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi, I’m glad to hear that the packing is going well, and that you’re able to maintain your busy social and cycling lives at the same time! More Library news, Liz Whittam is also retiring (David Truelove you already know about, I think?). Sara

Hi again, Sara! Thanks for mentioning Liz's retirement. In fact, I saw her last Saturday at the memorial service for Wila, and she told me about her coming retirement. Must away as the packing tape calls! Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Pics: Wila's picture at service and then those taken after memorial service at Ewa's place on Millyard, just down the way from us. Atsuko, (She worked in ILL at Langara.); Pyot, Ewa, Josie, Anne, Pyot's wife. She and Pyot live in Winnipeg and we may well see them this June! Ewa's husband and father, from Mill Valley, between SF and Sonoma! Thanks, Pat. Is that Josie Lazar? I haven’t seen her for so long…… 

Hi Sara! Yes, that is indeed Josie! After the memorial service, on Saturday, for Wila, I drove her to her building in Hampton Court to collect her car. Then she followed me home to park at our place. Asked Cora Lee to drop us off at Millyard as I knew parking might be difficult.
 

At any rate, she spends much/most of her time in Victoria, [She only came to Vancouver a few times last year, for example. Funnily enough, she rents out her place here to friends from Penticton, for a few months, I gather.], grand-parenting her granddaughter, as her daughter and son-in-law are very busy with their respective jobs, travelling, etc.

Again, I discovered that she often takes her granddaughter to Fisherman's Wharf in the Inner Harbour where there is a lot going on, not the least of which is Barbs Fish and Chips, a terrific local spot. Again, coincidentally, a former girlfriend from Life Before Cora Lee, lives on a lovely houseboat docked there. We have visited Irene a number of times ever since we happened to reconnect, about ten years ago now.
 

After I did a quick search I managed to find the Sea Iris! It was on a list of houseboats for sale so I really don't know if Irene still lives there or is in the process of selling. She has not responded to last few messages I've sent, (Usually before we were planning to visit Victoria, trying to set up having a java, a brief visit, etc.), so again, not sure if the email address I have is current or she simply doesn't wish to maintain contact. I suggested to Josie that she knock on the door and say hello. Will be curious to hear if she does and with what result.
 

Must away as we will be re-arranging the guest bedroom shortly, the better to accommodate all the boxes we have packed, thus far, along with all the decanted furniture and items from The Annexe, in order to make the most efficient use of remaining space for all the tubs and boxes yet to come! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Wharf, (note bike!), and Sea Iris!


Elliptizer stats: 3.45 milos over 70 minuten to climb 14,637' with an expenditure of 1,120 calorifics. Not my best effort but a decent session, especially after yesterday's ride. Home to find Morita, Calamity and Whirlygig had popped by to say hello. 
 
Had a wonderful time catching-up with them, (Had not seen hide nor hair of them since before they went to Mexico to explore the Baja.), and getting to know Giorgio's wonderful, wonderful pooch! Rum, [Panama Red, 54%], for The Brotherhood whilst The Sisterhood sipped a 2013 Stag's Hollow Riesling, 11.5%. While Morita tried to chew everything in sight we visited and laughed and made plans to see them again, as soon as Galiano Man is back in town. Opened an anaemic 2010 Babio, 15%, a stellare red from Minervois, just to send then on their way to Carlos-the-Jackal's for dinner. Must awy as I must shower and change, salty dog that I am! 






No comments:

Post a Comment