Thursday 2 April 2015

Joni Mitchell Blue Blues: Thursday, April 2nd!

The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous; it is indissolubly connected with the fate of men. -Emile Zola, writer (2 Apr 1840-1902) 


'Morning, Patrick.  I was able to move my gym appointment forward to noon, which means that we should comfortably be able to get together at 2 p.m. and have a nice visit and India-natter without feeling rushed.  Yes, we can do "tea" in the broad sense of the word, which of course, will include GF treats.

Please let me know if Plan #734, as outlined above, will work for you and Corinne. :-) J.


Hi Janet! Please synchronize your watch as plan #734 has received final reading by three sub-committees and is officially labelled Operation Green Light! Thanks very much for changing your busy schedule to accomodate me. Certainly appreciated!

Thanks again for facilitating Plan #734. Both of us are looking forward to catching up and being "briefed" on a whole number of things. If you have time before we come over, perhaps you could jot down, as matters come to mind, or be ready to suggest, a number of essential "Do's & Don't". I definitely recall you emphasized, at meeting #533, that it was imperative to have an endless supply of small rupee notes, for example. Anyway, enjoy the Easter weekend. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Y'All--There is nothing on my calendar for Friday, April 10 except two classes at Bodies on Power in the a.m. I should be home around noon-ish. Dom Pedro may or may not be here depending on developments with care of brother Bill on the Island. In any event, you will be able to get onto property with no problems and also into garage, which seems to be the best place to store your extra "stuff" for a bit. Cheers for now. Maybe see you then …? Lynnie

Hi Garage Sale Lynne and Health Care Professional Pete! Thank you for go-ahead on short-term storage! Much appreciated. Sorry to hear about on-going health issues with brother Bill, Peter, but fortunate, for him, that you are able to provide support, obviously. Trust Bodies on Power will have Buns of Cinnamon to build up our strength after we unload semi on Friday!

Fairly busy weekend ahead. On Friday we are having Nancy Halpern and David Conn for dinner. (Meeting Woman is off to Costco, for ribs, later today, after taking Clarisse to hairdresser and then attending a church palaver in North Van.) Saturday, another dinner, here, for two more church couples. I plan on being baptized with Single Malt before we sit down to eat! Sunday it is Easter dinner, downstairs, with Clan Sutherland. Flamin' is roasting a turkey while we will contribute a ham. Grog and Lurch will be staying with them from Sunday to Wednesday but won't join us until after dinner, on Sunday, as they are out with other friends. Grog has invited us all out to dinner,
at the French Table, on Tuesday. He knows, Herve, the owner, quite well. Gregg mentioned that he "will dig a few vinos out of the cellar", his, to bring over, so we shall see what we shall see!

Easter Monday, we are having "High Tea" with Janet, our "Inja expert". She had invited us for dinner but Lads' bridge night is still on that evening so we compromised. Has been almost impossible to find a free time for all concerned and Janet is leaving for Europe in two weeks, doing part of the Camino with her mother and brother.
Anyway, thanks again, Maple Leaf Storage, Naramata Bench Branch! Enjoy the Easter weekend. Will certainly be in touch again, before the end of next week, at latest. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Earlier this week, Mme Coriandre with Mavis, an extremely adorable pooch, and her owner, Kurt, one of our upstairs neighbours.


Patrick thank you and all the best for Penticton No doubt we'll see you up there.
Cheers Byron                              Hi Byron!
Gather you arrived in France safely. I see, from Accuweather, that weather is  cloudy with showers. (Forecast here for tomorrow!) Nevertheless, who can complain, being, as you are, in the City of Lights!

Just heard back from Lynne that we can leave a few things in their garage on the weekend of April 10th.  According to Lynne, he may well not be there when we unload as he may well be dealing with the care of his brother Bill on VI. Most importantly, we plan to pick up some local hootch for the wedding weekend, before we make for Kamloops, having raided Lighthall's wine cellar! We'll have a celebratory, quick get-away taste at Poplar Grove for you two!

Best wishes from a very, very envious Corinne, to you both. (We love Paris in the springtime, or any other time, for that matter!) Looking forward to bridge on Easter Monday and finally meeting Roger. You will be missed, I'm sure, although probably denigrated when not there to defend yourself! The Cowards!!! Rest assured, I'll do my level best to protect your good name. Happy Easter to you and Ann. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Patrick Sounds good. Have fun at the wedding. We are still acclimatizing but have managed to get Anne set with her French lessons and bus passes for us both. Cheers Byron

So far I count Robert, David, Patrick, Winston from southern climes, and Self, Les, Clive from the land of the just and the good. Comrades Stewart & McCleery are not in town and John is out of action for the next two weeks. My missus is still re-inflating the American economy. Looks like 7, unless the Naramata No Trump is coming to town? Roger 

Hello Roger, et al: I just confirmed that Sarge cannot play this coming Monday. However, another friend and neighbour, Kurt, may well be available. Would you like me to ask him if he is free that evening? Let me know. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Fine with me. Cheers, Roger
Sunny Day at Jericho!  Hi Captain Barnacle! Who is the rather fetching mermaid! Does she play bridge as well as she scrubs bottoms? Cheers, Patrizzio! I'll be picking up Winston and David T, so I can swing by and pick you up too. Hi Robert and South Shore Gang! Thanks for lift. What time should I be out in the parking lot by our building? Cheers, Patrizzio I shall be there! Do we have enuf for 2 tables? C P/u sched: David: 5:15 Patrick: 5:20 ± Winston: 5:30 Cheers, R.
Hi Branson! Thanks for pick-up schedule. See you on Monday. Cheers, Plus or Minus Patrizzio!

Wasn't sure about what the rain clouds were going to do so I spent a lazy morning digitating. Decided it looked clear enough to venture out around 12:30 pm but by the time I'd lubed and suited up the showers forecast fro 1:00 pm came down, rather heavily. This being the case I changed my plans and thought I'd use elliptical at FCCC. Phone rang just as I was about to walk out the patio door and it was friend, Jo-Anne Naslund, former colleague at UBC. 

We had a long chat and by the time we said goodbye it was 1:30 pm. Forecast predicted more showers at 4:00 pm so I unlocked my Brodie as it has fenders and I didn't really want to cycle with fender-less Trek if I was faced with any downpours. As the afternoon turned out, it was completely rain free so I could have chosen the lighter ride. nevertheless, I quite enjoyed my extended dipsy-doodles around Olympic Village all the way to Granville Bridge, eventually, with incremental loops, from intersection of Spyglass and Commodore, going first to Science World, and back, then just past SW, then to Plaza of Nations and finally to GB. One last loop to PoN and I had the distance I'd set for day's outing. Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/735597640#.VR3f-urGtrI.email

Not sure if probability of rain kept people away from Seawall or rather the start of the Easter Weekend but not too, too many about so pleasant enough in terms of not having to dodge dog walkers, runners and those dreaded recreational cyclists on rented bikes! Home to help Lady Mary unload/unpack her purchases from Costco run. She was crabbier than usual, what with having to deal with heavy traffic on Lions Gate, back from West Van and crowds at Costco. Guess I'll have to offer her something to calm her nerves! Perhaps a nice cup of tea, Dear Reader! [You are rather naive if you think this will assuage her more than considerable discontent, my friend!]

Hi Sara! Great that Jake will join us. I just looked at film schedule and best screening, for me, (Given other commitments.), would be tomorrow, at 4:30 pm. Marinoni is 90 minutes long and Dermot could meet us back at the Islay Inn around 6:30 pm for drinks, if that works. I could go on Saturday, same time, but we have a dinner engagement that evening so wouldn't be able to have drinks afterwards. I realize that these times might not be convenient for you but thought I'd let you know in case we can "squeeze" everything in. Let me know what you think about film tomorrow and we'll accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hi, Tomorrow at 4:30 would be great. Shall I get tickets on line? PS: Try wine instead of tea for post crowds & driving stress. Hi Marinoni Fan! Terrif that domani woiks! Do you want to come by here to take Aquabus or something else? Probably best to leave from here, around 3:45 pm, if we are going to go together, that way: ferry then walk to VanCity, about half an hour, give or take. Or do you want to meet at theatre?

Thanks for offering to buy tickets. I usually just do so at door, being a senior and all, but it may be busy and I think it is the same price, online, as well as for everyone it seems, so please do. I'll charge Dermot $9 a shot and recoup ticket price that way! Let me know what works as far as getting to venue. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Pics: Flowers Mme Coriandre bought today. We had a bit of a tiff as she wanted to pour shots of Bourbon and Rye, (Tuesday's purchases), into each vase to keep the blossoms fresh. I finally convinced her to pour the shots down my throat, but it was a considerable struggle, let me tell you! At moment she has been successfully sedated, relaxing/decompressing from PCDSS, ("post-crowd/driving stress" syndrome!), in her study, watching the Y&R, after I hooked her up to an IV drip containing a 2011 Paul Mas Syrah, 13.5%. We visited the winery, in Montagnac, not far from PezĂ©nas, and it was a blast! Will tell you all about it tomorrow! 

Do you have a vancity theatre membership? Yes! Done!!  I'll come to your place at the appointed time and go from there.  It'll give us a good opportunity to chat. Glad the IV Wine is working. See you tomorrow. Sara








No comments:

Post a Comment