Sunday 19 April 2015

Lady Mary's De-Constructed Fireplace Blues: Sunday, April 19th!

There is no rule more invariable than that we are paid for our suspicions by finding what we suspect. -Henry David Thoreau, naturalist and author (1817-1862) 


Here is where people, / One frequently finds, / Lower their voices / And raise their minds. -Richard Armour, author, on libraries (1906-1989) 


Wind out of WNW at 24 kph but partly sunny and pleasant today so who cares! Left around 1:00 pm, hoping Sun Run restrictions would have been removed by now. Not so! Had to dipsy-doodle my way around some of the streets, en route to Olympic Village, that were blocked off due to above-mentioned Sun Run. 
 
[Rebecca Ann shared a memory from 19 April 2011. Patrick James Dunn Kids then, kid now!]

I assumed event would be over by noon today but still many barricades up at 1:30 pm. Nevertheless, I managed to thread my way along the Seawall, busier than usual, due to extra traffic caused by Sun Run. Gorgeous day also drew out crowds of walkers and sun-worshippers. Kits Beach was pretty full with Frisbee throwers and beach blanket babes! Congestion thinned once past Point Grey Road although there were many of the svelte Spandex Crowd out along Marine at UBC where I gerbilized myself to the distance I needed to log the 100+ km ride I wanted for the day. Damn ferocious head wind. Wonder I wasn't going backwards most of the time! Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/751612497#.VTRUMg5uLbc.email
 
Patrick James Dunn Send to Marlo for the Wedding Anniversary celebrations! This could be another project for Dusty!  Chloe Alexis Dunn Marlo Jurkowski, what do you think??? Get Ryan and Gramps on it!! Patrick James Dunn The Mighty Quinn and I will challenge anyone bold enough to pit themselves against us! Marlo Jurkowski Lol. I'll get Ryan on it in his spare time (if he ever finds some) Patrick James Dunn You Winnipegers have nothing BUT spare time! Chloe Alexis Dunn just tell him to stop watching Back to the Future or Star Wars and he will have oodels of time !! Patrick James Dunn Okay, Kettle calling Pot black! Stop posting on Facebook and you'll have oodles, (Note correct spelling!), of time to help your parents pack!

Patrick, Hi, and thanks for these photos and the news. Correction: I don't think I know a Rick Toews, but Harold might. No, my father never gave piano lessons and never lived in Kamloops, either. Harold's brother is a lawyer in Kamloops.

Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba
Sorry, no festival. My family history booklet is going to be self-printed and will not be in any festival. I will distribute it to my family members in Canada and a few others, if I can get their addresses in the USA and Germany (sometimes it is not that easy). Best, Margaret
  

The VFF welcomes music from across Africa with kora players Sousou & Maher Cissoko, the semba sounds of Angola's Paulo Flores, South African rising star, Bongeziwe Mabandla, and the return of the amazing Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba. Experience the Kurdish music of Nishtiman, the dynamic energy of Venezuela's La Gallera Social Club, the twin bagpipes of Scotland's Breabach, plus music from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Hungary, and other parts of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment