Friday 3 April 2015

Karfreitag Blues: Friday, April 3rd!

Never bear more than one trouble at a time. Some people bear three kinds -- all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have. -Edward Everett Hale, author (3 Apr 1822-1909)


Good morning Patricio, Sorry I have not kept in better touch as of late...school and life have kept me super busy this term and as much as I have enjoyed reading all your updates I have been leaving the replying to Al for the most part. Congratulations on your new digs!!! How exciting!!! And we will now
have a fab place to stay in the beautiful Okanagon ...lol I hope you have set aside a room for us.

 

We are heading to the cabin today...cannot wait to get up to the valley as we havent been for several weeks. My sister, her son Jeremy and his girlfriend Raven are coming up today as well to spend a night...we will be enjoying a lovely Easter dinner with them tonite as they will not be able to stay through the whole weekend. I bought a beautiful black forest ham and will be making scalloped potatoes and cauliflower with cheese sauce as well as a couple other
vegetable dishes to be determined by whatever catches my fancy today as I grab a few more supplies on route.

 

I hope you and Corinne have a wonderful Easter filled with good food, fine wine, decadent chocolate, and wonderful company. Give my love to Corinne <3 Hugs and kisses from Marilyn XOXO

Good Friday Morning Sara! I just took a look at ticket order and see there are only two. Does that mean Jake isn't joining us or am I still to buy my own? No big deal but just curious. Off to FCCC to use elliptizer as Rain Gods are not co-operating! See you at 3:45 pm. Cheers, Patrizzio! Ticket flr ypu. No jake.  See you later.

Pretty fair workout: 1,143 calorifics over 70 minuten for 3.50 milos and 15,764' of vertical climbage! Back home to shower and change and then Clarisse, Dusty and I went over to Chloƫ's place to see if we could fix the washing machine. Not to be done as Dusty thinks that there is something wrong with electronic controls which operate various cycles. Ended up putting on a new shower head in bathroom but need to return with plumber's tape as fitting leaks. As well, bi-fold door in front of washer/dryer was broken so we brought it back for Dusty to re-glue with a clamp.

Back home to ready place for dinner this evening. Will go to VanCity later this afternoon to see Marinoni with Sara. Dermot, her husband, will meet us back at the Islay Inn after film is over and we'll have a few drinks and a visit. Must away as I need to vacuum!

Dear Pat and Corinne, A secret book project to celebrate Judi Saltman's career is being launched and I am one of those involved in making this happen. She will soon be retiring and, as a community of those appreciating Judi, we want to be ready to honour her. I am writing to invite you to participate.

As the subject line indicates, this project is to be a secret from Judi herself. We are hoping to be successful. Please see the attachment for information about the project and how you can contribute.

The attachment includes information on how you can contribute to the book, submission guidelines, description of the book planned, and purchase information. I would be very grateful if you would send me a reply to confirm that you have received this email. With warm wishes and looking forward to your participation. Wendy




No comments:

Post a Comment