Saturday 13 June 2015

Sunset Beach Naked Bike Ride Blues: Saturday, June 13th

Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in: but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents. -Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher (1788-1860)

 
Ayn P Have fun Poppa!Chloe Alexis Dunn Don't give him any ideas!!!Patrick James Dunn I knew it was a mistake to move to Penticton! Had to make do with the babes in bikinis along the lakefront and floating on the Penticton River Channel when I went for my ride this afternoon!Kjell Nilsson As far as I can see they're not naked at all!Patrick James Dunn You sun-worshiping Swedes want nothing full-frontal nudity!

Marvin Angelo Mercado Beauty day in Granville Island Patrick James Dunn Wonderful day tasting, with Polly/MIck Carter and Cora Lee at Blue Mountain, yesterday, simply stunning view overlooking Vaseux Lake then on to Liquidity, Stag's Hollow and finally Meyer Family Vineyards, under the stunning monolithic Peach Cliff!
  
Patrizzio, Love the story of you met and made new friends with the Roches. We suspect they will put you in the know for the wine fraternity if you cultivate that relationship.I haven’t been to or tried Intersection wines yet. Say hello to the Carters for us. Bill & Denise. Hi Wild Bill! How is your back? Sorry, had meant to inquire last time I wrote. Pleased you are getting a CT scan. Has pain/discomfort eased? 

As well, had been meaning to mention that you really had the couple from Orofino pegged. Prairie folk are the best!!! Funnily enough, we've not yet been to Intersection either. Last time we were in the area, about a year or so ago, they were bottling and we couldn't get back when they were finished. Chap who started it, Bruce Schmidt, is the third husband of Ginette Bertrand, woman who was married to a very close friend from Manitoba. Andrew and I met at United College in the 60's,. He is now in Toronto. Fabulously interesting life story that will take many bottles of wine to tell! With respect to Famiglia Roche, do hope we will be able to get to know them over the next little while as busy schedules allow. Passed along your greetings while Ray Banks hopes we were not leading them astray! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Marvin Angelo Mercado Fresh Atlantic lobster straight from Newfoundland!! Patrick James Dunn Come on up to The Naramata when East meets West….it’s white wine & Lobster time at Township 7's Naramata Winery, Saturday, June 20th @ 1:00pm. They will be pouring the newly Spring released Pinot Gris & Chardonnay’s alongside freshly caught Lobster from the Canadian East Coast, supplied by Roch Lobster catering!
hi Pat and Corine thanks for being such wonderful hosts. It was great to see you both and a wonderful start to our Okanagen holiday. we hope that you can find the time to visit Sandy Beach lodge tomorrow . Cheers Mick PS Read Stephen Quinn's article in today's Globe and Mail. I think it sums up very well why living in a small town is so good.
 Hi Polly and Mick! Thank you for being first couple to visit! We both enjoyed your stay immensely. Too, too short, however! As well, really appreciated all your help setting up furniture, etc. Great good time wine-tasting and then bridge to finish off the more than wonderful day. Sorry I abandoned you at the market this morning but know you had to get on with shopping, etc., for Sandy Beach and be ready for gang to arrive. Pleased with my pedicure. Young woman from Mackenzie so interesting to chat with her about life there.
 

Back home but a few minutes after you left, according to Mme Coriandre, to do our finances as we really have not had a minute to sit down and add up all of the wild spending we have been doing of late, everything from moving expenses to new items for house, etc. It was just past 3:00 pm when we straightened things out so I suited/lubed up and went for a spin while Cora Lee luxuriated on the new patio sofa, reading! Wanted to "calibrate" distance to Naramata more closely as I will use this leg as part of the 100 km ride I want to stitch together along with the jaunt to OK Falls. I "need" to add 40 km to this loop. Don't really want an overly punishing route for this basic outing so decided I'd only go as far at Lighthall's place, just around the corner from turnoff to Naramata Village. 

This is only 15 km from our place, via Vancouver Ave, so I knew I'd have to add 10 km somewhere. Thought I might as well explore the streets of the neighbourhood behind Penticton Creek so after I'd returned to town I made for Lakeshore Drive and followed it as far as Riverside Dr, ogling the babes in bikinis making for the Penticton River Channel to go floating. Needed more dipsy-doodling thereabouts to give me my basic 51 km ride by time I was home, just after 6:00 pm. Cora Lee was still enjoying patio although she had been hard at work, moving plants and sweeping up leaves. Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/803297960#.VX0vzb6S8H8.email

For my part, I'm still looking for a convenient stretch, more or less on the flat, that will give me the "missing" 10 km without having to negotiate any additional, significant hills. Run up to Naramata, as far as I went today, is just fine in this regard. However, I know I could achieve the "magic" 40 km by going beyond Lighthall's, towards Chute Lake but not sure if I want the hills that one encounters there. Will see how I feel when I do the ride in question. Don't think I'll have time for this tomorrow, what with getting house in order, as best we can for house guests staying while we are in Winnipeg, as well as packing car and bags for trip itself.
 

Before I showered I spent about 40 minutes in the back lane picking up almost a black garbage bag full of old, weathered asphalt roof tiles, two houses down from our place. Quite an eyesore and since the people who left them there don't seem to care I've taken it upon myself to clean them up. Managed to gather up all of the ones that were in the lane itself. Still plenty more in the weeds growing next to the garage but I'll tackle them once back.

My Croc-shod feet were filthy by the time I'd finished so water in shower ran black for a bit! Enjoyed a tasty dinner of overlefts from last night's meal. Ate at new patio table as evening was much, much warmer than last night. No need for fire-pit. 


Pleasant time chatting over food and then inside to call my cousin, in Kenton, near Brandon, and will stay overnight with them on Tuesday night, driving from Medicine Hat, where we will stay Monday night, with friend, Zircon, aka Jim Hillson, former minister at St James United in Vancouver, on Trutch and 10th, now St James Community Square.

Listening to CBC, Holger Peterson's Saturday Night Blues, as I scribe. So many messages to send and answer as I've just not had time to spend on computer, of late. Lady Mary has said goodnight as she is off to bed to read. I'm getting sleepy myself so don't imagine I'll be up too, too late either as I want to read my latest, Michael Robotham's Life or Death. Attended one of his sessions at last year's VWF and was very impressed so pleased I'm finally getting around to reading him.
 

We do hope to pop by Sandy Beach Lodge tomorrow to say hello. Need to take all of our cardboard, paper and plastic to recycling depot tomorrow so that is one chore. Will probably give you a shout and see what you are doing and what might work best for a quick visit. Bill and Denise Gross send along greetings while Ray hopes we were not leading you astray! Again, thanks for lovely visit. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Wine-tasting and More! 

Hi Raymond and Sylvia! Enjoyed Polly's/Mick's stay immensely. Think all the tennis is helping Mick's wine-tasting stamina! Cheers, Patrizzio! Morana Peric Best belated b-gift evah! I'm tired, I'm wasted, I love you darling! 

Patrick James Dunn Happy belated birthday from Penticton, Morana! Corinne and I moved to the Okanagan, right in the heart of BC's wine country, this past May 29th. Sold our condo in Vancouver, near Granville Island, to buy a small house but a ten minute walk from downtown and lakeshore. Just settling in but plenty of room for visitors so come and visit. Will arrange for Branko and Chloƫ to be here at same time so we can have a reunion! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment