Monday 25 May 2015

Hunter Pitts "Jack" O'Dell/Jane Power Blues: Monday, May 25th

To the complaint, 'There are no people in these photographs,' I respond, 'There are always two people: the photographer and the viewer.' -Ansel Adams, photographer (1902-1984)


Hi Pat and David! Thanks so much for the Victoria Day Weekend wishes. Trust you will enjoy your own Memorial Day! Sorry I've not replied sooner but it has been very busy, of late, as I'm sure you can imagine. Re-sent the invitation, David, so hope you receive it. Thanks for note about John Nicholas. Ride is about 87 km so a pretty good outing, especially as I know there are some decent hills between Healdsburg and the ocean! I'll invite him up to Penticton to coincide with you swanning into town in your spiffy Tesla! Can hardly wait. Will have the re-charge outlet ready and waiting!

Weekend at Little Shushwap was more than a delight with friends/hosts, Ruthless and Ricardo. We enjoyed wonderful meals, played bridge and simply visited. I managed a number of super rides when they were golfing, Cora Lee reading. Very busy week packing when back home. 

Fondestos to you both from Cora Lee, just off to Granville Island to meet with the woman from Burrard Presbytery who has agreed to assume her role as one on the Board of Heartwood who will now be responsible for restaurant. Cheers, Patrizzio

Pics: Dinner with Lynne; Burns Street Social House; Little Shushwap; Ruthless and Ricardo; cabin's resident Bald Eagle; Ricardo snapped this at the start of the evening; wall of magnets; Whirlygig and Jane, his amore; kissing my collection goodbye; empty malt cabinet waiting transportation to Penticton!

Hello Famiglia Coffaro! Pleased to see that order form now acknowledges Canadian addresses! Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Have you officially moved? Wow I now have your address, I have my trip all planned out. I charge in Hope, 166 miles from you, charge at your place and drive 162 miles to Best Western in Revelstoke to charge and then on my way to Banff. I see you sitting near water but it looks like your place is not on the water? Was this still in Vancouver? I hope to see you next year..........Dave
Hello again, Bridge Lads! Thank you, one and all, for the very kind words and best wishes on the move. Will certainly miss the weekly gatherings but do hope that we will stay in touch. Beware, however, as Naramata Pete and I plan to hone our bidding skills while sipping The Bench's locally distilled liquor and fabulous wines, all the better to demonstrate 2 over 1 when in Vancouver, from time to time. Once more, all the very best. Take care of each other until we meet again. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Shoeless, shorts-clad Patrizzio, with Cruella, Harsh Packing Task-Mistress; kissing my malt collection goodbye; forlorn, empty cabinet, awaiting transportation to Penticton!

It was great to meet you Patrick. Pity the Polish-Ukranian alliance was so short-lived (only one night as I recall). Bit like the last real one, actually...

And I'm monumentally sorry that I couldn't save you some moving problems vis-a-vis the single malt; but if you're ever up Girvan way, I'd very much like to add to your next one with a rare bouteille from the local distillery (Grant's). Winston
Welcome back Roger! I could make Wed if you need a fourth, but it doesn’t look as though 3 others are forthcoming. C Can't do Wednesday, I'm afraid. :( R. I suspect we are entering the summer doldrums. I am not sure that I can do next Monday. If I can I will host, but I think the chances are slim. Roger

Sorry for late reply; been in Courtenay for the weekend. I could do tomorrow, but would need some kind soul to transport me thither and hither (at least to a Vancouver-side Skytrain station). When Robert takes me, we normally meet @ Homer & Georgia around 5:30 for going to the wilds of West Van.

Let me know if it works for any/all of you. If not: how are things looking for next Monday? (which will be my last chance to prove the superiority of Scottish Bridge) Winston


Hi Older and Wiser, (but just as Dashingly Handsome), Jimmy Olsen! How wonderful to see both you and Elise on Saturday! Sorry that the rest of your Sisterhood couldn't make it but we'll certainly make up for that in Penticton, for sure! It goes without saying, thanks so very much for capturing the event with all your delightful snaps! Muchly, muchly appreciated, as you can well imagine.

With respect to site, I just downloaded a snap, (Ruthless and Elise, so there will be on-going debate as to parentage issues, I'm sure!), and I wanted to make sure that it is fine with you if I forward link to those attending bash, and others, of course, and that they are free to download any images they might wish. As I know you know, it will make sharing infinitely easier but I don't want to presume such unrestricted access. 


Please let me know when you have a moment although what with "D-Day" just around the corner, not sure how much time I'm going to have to send or reply to messages until we are ensconced in The Burns Street Social House, (The name with the most votes! However, Lady Mary has decreed that we are going to wait and see what feels right when we get there. Entre Nous, I think she is miffed that Il Palazzo di Patrizzio was a top runner!)
Must away as the laundry room and the storage locker remain to be dealt with, another decree from on high! Thanks also, to you, Flash, from Cora Lee, and Fondestos, on her behalf, to The Goils! Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: When you say "high-res files" does this mean mega, mega pixels? I assume something of this ilk, showing every grey hair in my beard and lack of same on my pate, able to make blow-ups from, suitable for chucking darts, not verbal ones either, at! Pic: Snap taken by Rikki Ricardo. Watch out for the cut-throat competition, Flash!


Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/785170525#.VWQK3qJspjc.email

A long day for Rachael, the surgery took longer than expected. They ended up with a small tear in the basement endothelial layer, which is always a risk of the partial vs full thickness transplant, Dr Baig rolled the edges back down and the new endothelial layer is over top. We see him again tomorrow am at 8,she is patched tonight.

Was interesting as I got to stay for the freezing and block they injected into the orbit and at the lateral lacrimal gland area. She did very well though. She has to be flat as much as possible tonight. The air bubble they inject helps hold the edges in place.

Pat Please tell Rachel that all her cousins in LA send her their love and hugs during her recovery! Our fingers are crossed for the very best results xoxo


Hi All, Exciting beach walk this morning with a rare sighting of a timber wolf!

Dear Jane and Jack! Just a quick note to thank you both for the wonderful lunch yesterday! Aside from the delicious meal it was more than a delight to have time to visit with you both. Unfortunately, you've had such interesting, vibrant lives that we need to spend the next few years, having lunch together, every day, just to scratch the surface! Thank you again.

Of course, we certainly do hope that you both might be able to visit us, in the not too, too distant future. We'd be honoured and would arrange to collect you in Vancouver but you'd have to hitch-hike back! At any rate, we'll keep in touch over the next little while. We will be in Vancouver quite a few times over the coming summer so we'll call ahead and perhaps we can get together again, everyone's busy schedules allowing. By then we should have a better idea of life in Penticton and you might have a better idea of when a visit might work for you. Until then, take care of each other. Trust reunion goes swimmingly, Jane. Lucky I'm going to be in Penticton while you are away as otherwise, Jack and I would certainly get up to no good! Fond regards, and deep thanks, of course, to you both from Corinne. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Evening, Patrick -- We appreciate your lovely appreciation (not to mention the lovely photos of memories). We, too, enjoyed the time together immensely and look forward to getting together before too long.

I'll be heading out to the airport at 5:15 tomorrow morning, but I'll be thinking of you two as you make the move to your next life in Penticton. Best always -- Jane
 

No comments:

Post a Comment