Tuesday 28 July 2015

Crawl Space Blues: Tuesday, July 28th!

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. -Marcel Duchamp, artist (28 Jul 1887-1968) 

Patrick James Dunn Hi Lynn! Trust you are well. When can we expect a visit? Lynn Copeland Love to sometime -- at the moment booked up w. a trip to my cabin near Campbelll River, hoping to see Kjell and Jane on the way home. Then a trip to 'ghost towns of northwest bc' via van and jet boat. see you down here sometime soon?

Patrick James Dunn Will be in and out over August and September but not for any significant amount of time until VWF in October, week or so before we head to India with Lynne and Peter Lighthall. We imagine we'll see Jane and Kjell here, perhaps this week as they were rearranging their Okanagan schedule so that they would be in Penticton when Cora Lee was back from NY.

Hi Jane, I'm now back home from great time in NY. Was wondering if we will be seeing you and Kjell soon? Look forward to your visit, let us know when you are planning on coming, Hugs Corinne
Hi Kids!
 

Trust you are both well. Know Mme Coriandre has just sent along a message. Great to have Lady Mary back! Hope to see you both soon. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Kaitlyn who is responsible to pay for the inspection. We had one done in April before we purchased the house. Could it be used? Thanks Corinne Hi Kaitlyn, don't know if you received my email sent late yesterday. We had a house inspection done when we purchased this place 2 months ago. Could that not be used? Also who is paying for this inspection? thanks Corinne

Good Morning Corinne, I have received your previous emails. The insurance company is responsible for any costs associated with the inspection and they will need to use their own inspection services as there are different requirements. Sorry for any inconvenience, please let me know if there are any other questions. Thank you, Kaitlyn 

Hi Kaitlyn: Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated. Had a call, yesterday, from chap who will do inspection and he will be at our place this afternoon. Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Christina Tassell You must write more about living in Penticton instead of all this bikestuff. ChristinaTassell🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼🚴🏼
 
Hi Teens! You need to coordinate your travels with Cora Lee's so that you can be here when she is away so that there will always be someone from The Sisterhood, by my side, barking out orders, telling me what to do and how to live my life! Must away as I am about to don my miner's light to head down into the subterranean depths of our crawl space to investigate installation of in-house vacuum system we picked up in Winnipeg in June. Snap is of our former neighbour from Harbour Terrace at Farmer's Market, this past Saturday, in Penticton. Is this tid-bit of local life a start?  

Elly Cornelius  Us Aussies too would like see more writing and photos of Penticton Patrick. xx Patrick James Dunn Hard to believe that The Sisterhood is even pushier in The Antipodes than here! Picture of the The Downstairs Maid cleaning the crawl space at The Burns Street Watering Hole. Happier now, ladies? Ginette Bertrand She does not look that happy now does she? lol Patrick James Dunn Of course not! Lady Mary is used to having the servants do all the work while she drinks tea and eats gluten-free crumpets! Ginette Bertrand I concur with her way of dealing with the stresses of life including those generated by hubby! Patrick James Dunn I do not, and I state this categorically, cause any stress for Cora Lee. On the contrary, I run interference, for the slings and arrows of everyday life, all day and well into the night, an omnipresent balm to her troubled soul!

Hi TNT! Trust you are both well. Know Trev might have been following some of this but thought I'd send message along anyway to fill Teens in on a bit of life in Penticton! Hello to one and all. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi ChloΓ«! Thanks for list of donors and total! Quite pleased with amount!! Fondestos, Love Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! Pics: Mallard, a miniature Novia Scotia Duck Toller, I met at Farmer's Market on Saturday. He can hardly wait for Winston to visit! Saturday's feast with Famiglia Flash to give you an idea of last night's repast. 

Hi Lady Patrizzia and Sir James! Trust you are both well. Sorry I've not been in touch sooner but has been a very busy last few months. Much, much to tell. Shortly after we moved we hit the road for Winnipeg to celebrate Cora Lee's parent's 70th wedding anniversary. Wonderful, wonderful time, as you might imagine. Saw Jim Sutherland for lunch while there as well as attended the 50th anniversary reunion of my high school, (Daniel McIntyre), home room class at Rae & Gerry's, which was a blast. No Bartley Bruce, however!
 

Shortly after we returned to Penticton, Mme Coriandre was off to The Big Apple, with close friend Robyn, for ten days, while I was left to languish and continue unpacking! Take care of each other. Hope to hear from you soon. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Debbie at great Farmer's Market on Main Street. Like one in Pezenas! Jake Snyder;
Jimbo, at lunch, in Winnipeg, at The Peasant Cookery, where Cora Lee's niece, Carly, is the Assistant Manager; Clarisse and Dusty at Falcon Lake.


Hello again, Cornwall! Trust you are both well. I did receive a message that had to do with cartoons about the End of Civilization! No pics or other text. Greetings and best wishes to others we know. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello O Susannah and Champagne Charlie! Trust you are both well. How is your bridge game now that all the competition has moved to The Okanagan!
When can we expect a visit? Fondestos, Patrizzio!

Hello Famiglia Super K/Flash! Trust everyone is well. How was the drive to Rossland? Any hummus left? Thanks again for the terrific visit and all your help. Great to see your wonderful daughters!
Up this morning to try to make inroads into my backlog of messages and once I'd made but a small dint I headed down into the crawl space to pull the wire of the disconnected baseboard heater Alastair had exposed, on Saturday, back through the floor. Cora Lee had to take off the two caps as hole wasn't large enough to accept them. Was figuring out how I'd spend the insurance money after I heard a loud bang and then a blood-curdling scream. I put the breaker back on and had forgotten to tell Mme Coriandre wires were hot! Now I have her ashes to put on my book shelves, along with Mocha Java, Maggie and Sharktooth Annie. I'm sure she'll be fussing, wherever she is, as she never liked the idea that I had kept them in the first instance!
At any rate, didn't take long and then I went outside to give my Trek a good cleaning. After that, I asked Broom-Hilda to pose with the plant I had given to her on her arrival home, along with the more than handsome Shaker Flat Floor Broom Super K and Flash had so generously presented to us for a most thoughtful house-warming present. [Our old broom is ready for the bonfire!] I still think this gorgeous broom is far too, too good to use!

Then it was time to ride to Summerland, [With apologies to Teens, I had a grand ride!], and attack Peach Orchard Road. Left about 2:30 pm and since there was a fair bit of cloud cover it wasn't too, too hot. Did the Van Ave/Upper Bench loop before making for 97. Was quite surprised at the light head wind so I was able to AVG 21 kph until I started to climb Peach Orchard Road. In fact, due to all the shade and cloud cover the 1.75 km ascent, [I cannot even begin to imagine attempting any of the climbs, particularly in the Alps, that the riders in the Le Tour de France had to deal with, often between 12 km-25 km, never mind some of the 10%-17% grades!], was quite enjoyable. After that, mostly a piece of cake although I thought I might need to stop at both Dirty Laundry and Silk Scarf, on descent, to quench my thirst. Don't have much malt, for my camel pack, left since Flash's late Saturday night depredations!
Nonetheless, pleased with how ride went and it occurred to me that I should combine this segment with a ride to The Naramata or OK Falls to make a ride of 100+ km. Stats for ride:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/847807781#.VbghSWSng1A.email
 
Had a quiet evening as Lady Mary was still recovering from her very busy time in New York. We had a simple salad, bbq'd sausages and Quinoa. I doctored up the latter with hot sauce and quite enjoyed the ancient grain! We watched two more episodes of Homecoming before Cora Lee's eyelids became too, too for her to watch any more. I was just as happy to go to bed and read as I need to finish my current book and get on with two I have out from PPL before they are due back.

Take care of each other. Enjoy your holiday. Travel safely. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre to you four. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Dinner and Farewell! Creature from The Black Lagoon!

Hey Patrizio! Amazing how I feel much more comfortable now not having to worry about all your errant bidding. I can concentrate now on becoming an even better bridge player, if you can believe that is possible.

Yes, still hoping to get to you folk this Fall, especially now that I just read 5 more wineries have opened in the Osoyoos area. However, we may now have to stay a week with you 2. (hah) Thanks for the 14MB of photos of people I don’t know. Next time would love to see more of you and the little lady. BTW, please say hi to her for us. All the best and see you soon? Charlie


Hi Curmudgeon Charlie! No, I don't believe it is possible for you to become a better bridge player. Deterioration isn't possible either as you are probably as low as one can go on the inexpert bidding scale! Glad you liked seeing many people you don't know. Obviously, you don't get around much anymore now that we've deserted you. Even Cora Lee had dinner and stayed overnight with Nancy!

Mme Coriandre is talking to Clarisse, at the moment, [They both say hello to you and O Susannah!], and when she finishes I'll prepare a mixed salad to go with the sausages Mrs Patmore will do on the bbq. Might even need a Gin and Tonic to help settle our nerves before we watch a few more episodes of Homeland on Netflix. Take care of our Curmudgeonly self, Carlos, and each other. Enjoy playing computer bridge since nobody wants to be your partner! Fondestos from Mme Coriandre to you two. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: Mme Coriandre with Hazel, Stephanie and Laura Keating. I stayed with Ted and Elaine over the Folk Fest weekend. With Whirlygig, Sunday night, again, of the Folk Fest weekend; Creature from The Black Lagoon! Broom-Hilda!
Hello Ruthless and Gander! Trust you are both well. Are you jet-setting all over the world or just staying at home, eating Texas bbq? When can we expect a visit? Take care of each other. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre to you two. Cheers, Patrizzio!

what a wonderful email --- it was like reading a story - you should have a 'blog' - I would be a follower! :)... So.... I'm assuming that you will leave for your trip to India after you have volunteered at the writer's festival making it that we need to be in the Okanagan before October 19th? We will try and make our timeshare reservations for the week before you leave so that we can get together and make our plans. Thanks for the offer - we may have to take you up on staying with you; if we can't get our timeshare... we will let you know.
No doubt; misery loves company -- as you know... moving is a lot of work!!!! 
We are almost settled... it was a week yesterday evening that we arrived. The nice thing is it's familiar surroundings. When we arrived our friends were here waiting to help unpack the truck and do whatever they could to help.
We are almost unpacked -it's difficult moving into an already furnished home that is co-owned by others - but we are doing ok...:). thanks again for this opportunity - will be in touch soon. PS - my pics are on my phone - I will send some pics of the beautiful lakefront that we are enjoying take care, L and H




Hello Lakefront Dwellers! Trust you are both well. Thank you for the kind compliment on my message. Spumoni finds them too, too long!

Yes, arriving on or before October 19th would be wonderful. Please don't hesitate to stay. Would be delighted to have you here. We can share horror stories about moving! You sound further advanced than us, however. We were fortunate to have friends, Lynne and Peter, (couple we will travel with in India), who not only helped us unload but also brought along a wonderful dinner so that we could eat supper after the van was empty! Look forward to seeing to seeing the lake when you have a moment.
Fondestos from Mme Coriandre to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Digitale and Fingare! Trust you are both well. Are you jet-setting all over the world or just staying at home, grand-parenting? Any malt regulare left?  When can we expect a visit? Take care of each other. Fondestos from Mme Coriandre to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment