Friday 24 July 2015

Wild Bill Denise Dangereux Blues: Friday, July 24th!

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things. -Amelia Earhart, aviator (24 Jul 1897-1937) 


Hi Patrick. I just sent you an email with some pics but something seemed to go wrong. It took a long time to send and when I took a look at the file it seemed to have picked up part of an email Gayle had previously sent to a friend and missed off a chunk of mine! It also didn't appear to attach any photos! I'm at a loss to know why it would have done this. Consequently if you did receive it and it doesn't make sense I apologise and will resend the pictures another time! Cheers Derek

Hello Gisela! What a delight to hear from you. Would be grand to have a visit, either here or in Oliver. You and Lore are welcome to stay, in Penticton, after your visit with your friends, with us, should that fit in with your travel/holiday plans.  Here is our new address and home number, so let us know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Naramata Sunset!

Hello Patrico YES we shall come over for a cup tea or coffee and a visit. Thanks for the invitation to stay, we are very comfortable with Barbara and Rudi, we have our own little flat. Oliver is not far from Pentiction. We shall see you meanwhile take care Always Gisela

Hi Gisela! Sorry I've not replied sooner but life has been hectic over last little while. Trust all goes well and look forward to arranging a visit once you are settled in Oliver. Cheers, Patrizzio! 
Hello Kenton! What a delight to hear from you. Will be grand to have you visit. We'll be here on August 5th/6th and you are welcome to stay as long as you want. I take it you are coming from Montana. Is that correct?  Let us know when you estimate you might arrive so that we can have dinner ready. Don't worry about timing as we can eat at any time. Looking forward to hosting you people for a change. Travel safely. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Louise! What a delight to hear from you. Glad your move went as well as it did. Know exactly what you have been through and are probably still experiencing! Thanks again for agreeing to stay and help out. Much appreciated. Will be grand to have you in The Okanagan! We are volunteering at the Vancouver Writer's Festival, October 20th-25th, so I imagine we will drive into Vancouver on the 19th, at the latest, to give us time to get settled before our shifts start. Let us know, when you know, what you plan to do. Of course, you are most welcome to stay with us if there is any problem with booking into timeshare for dates in question. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Grog and Lurch! Hope your treatments are going well and that you are not experiencing any nasty side-effects. Must apologize for not sending along a message sooner. I must admit that life has been rather hectic since we last chatted on the phone. Cora Lee is back here on the 27th and we'll give you a shout when she is home. Fondestos and Cheers Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Jo-Anne! Must apologize for not sending along a message sooner. I must admit that life has been rather hectic since we had our brief visit at UBC. Thank you so much for sending along Tip's address! Cora Lee is back here on the 27th with her whip! Fondestos and Cheers Cheers, Patrizzio!

Quite cloudy when I set out at 10:20 am but I certainly wasn't complaining, at all, about the relative coolness of the air. In fact when I reached Naramata Road it started to sprinkle lightly but the large, dark, angry looking clouds over the lake didn't ever release more than that, from time to time, while I was on The Bench. Made my way towards Chute Lake and last 2 km climb was a a very good huff and puffer. Turned around where the tarmac gives way to hard-pack gravel with 27-28 km on the clock and then zipped my way, very carefully, back down the hill, managing to hit 60 kph before I had to brake or launch myself into the surrounding forest or even into Okanagan Lake! 

With the wind at my back now I sailed along and made for OK Falls, via McLean Creek Rd, to complete the Blue Mountain/Stag's Hollow loop before taking Eastside Rd back to Penticton. Had to fight the ferocious head wind all the way home and just couldn't push my AVG speed higher. However, first 100+ km ride since GranFondo so pleased I was able to log such a ride when it wasn't baking. Much more enjoyable, of course, when temperature is lower. Pleased, as well, that cooler weather has helped with all the wildfires hereabouts. Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/843391026#.VbLH0cwaOHg.email

Once back from my ride I did a bit of digitating and just before I was ready to pop into the shower had a phone call from Erika Kinn, my Daniel McIntyre high school classmate. She owns a B&B in Summerland and at our 50th reunion, this past June, in Winnipeg, we made plans to get together when she and her daughter, Amy, were out for the summer. Anyway, we had a great chat and arrange a visit when Mme Coriandre returns from New York.
 

It was actually rather cool by 6:00 pm as there had been a reasonable, steady sprinkling of rain, so instead of doing the chicken I was serving for supper, on the bbq, I put the marinated thighs in the oven, along with the new kartofellage I was serving. Denise and Bill arrived shortly after 6:00 pm and while we toasted each other with a 2013 Noble Ridge Pinot Grigio, 14.1%, nibbling on a some appetizers, while I made a mixed green saladin, topped with Feta. Stayed inside until chicken and potatoes were ready then everyone helped carry food and plates out to patio. No rain and seemed to have warmed up. Guests had brought 2012 Lake Breeze Merlot, 14.5%, a simply delicious drop, which Bill and I enjoyed while Denise chose to stay with white, so I opened a 2014 Liquidity Pinot Gris, 13.5%, so she could have a glass. She was designated driver so didn't want too, too much. 

Great time chatting while we dined and after we had finished we repaired to the gazebo to sip malt around the fire pit. One of the coolest evenings in many weeks so the flames were welcome. Denise and Bill were leaving their cabin at Deep Roots next morning so they didn't want an overly late night. Still, it was past 11:00 pm when we bade one another goodnight and farewell. Lovely visit with them over the past week so hope we can see them again when we are back in Vancouver, a couple of times, over the coming two months.

After they set off for Naramata, I tidied the kitchen, put on the dishwasher and then, after being a very good boy, brushing and flossing, I went to bed to read for an hour or so, until I kept dropping the book on my chest and I knew it was time to turn off the bedside light!


Thanks for the reply. Looks like a ton of wood and, thankfully, it needs to season for a while before it can be split. I have deduced by the Google Maps (and the fact that Burns Street is only 2 blocks long) that you’re at 611 Burns Street. Lovely spot. We will leave tomorrow, mid-morning and be at your doorstep early afternoon.  Looking forward to getting out of Dodge for a few days. -A.

Hi Pudnah! From the frying pan into the fire, from Dodge to the OK Corral! The wood may not be ready to split but I have a passel of other chores for you, greenhorn! There is plenty of room at the back of house but it might be cooler to park yer hosses in front. I'm hoping to go for a short "stretch" ride tomorrow, after I go the Farmer's Market, so I will leave a key to the side garage door, off the back patio, in the small box beside the bbq, in case you arrive when I'm out. Probably won't be but always good to have a fall-back plan. Must away as I have yet to shower after today's ride and having Denise and Bill for dinner at 6:00 pm! See you domani! Cheers, Cowpoke Patrizzio!

Patrick could you please book these. Hopefully there are still some left. Also call Orifino and get another ticket for Maggie. We have arrived in white plains and celebrations start at 8 tonight. Wedding at 2 tomorrow. Sounds like you are having a busy time of it what with dinners, wood etc. We are resting today after the hectic time in NY. Love you, Corinne 

Hi Virginia and John! I just left a phone message about the dinner. As I mentioned, we will have a close friend, visiting from Denmark, over the course of the week that your dinner will be held and we are wondering if there are any tickets left so that she might join us. If so, please let me know and I'll provide payment details. Thanks very much. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick Great to hear from you!  Keep in touch. Will complete donation now.
Cheers for now. Jo-Anne


Hi Jo-Anne! Hope this finds you well and becoming stronger with each passing day! Sorry I've not been in touch sooner but have been very over last little while. In the main, loads of visitors and obligatory rides! Trust all goes well with you both! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment