Friday 21 August 2015

Accent Fireplace Gallery Blues: Friday, August 21st!

It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen. -Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)
Wayne Sutherland Throwback Friday. 34 years ago. Start of a loving relationship, with Michele Darrow-Sutherland.

After the very efficient chaps installed our new wood-burning stove, we ran a couple of errands, (I paid for the rest of the fireplace and then we stopped to see Jason at All Racks and put in an order for a new bike rack, much to Rosie-The-Riveter's delight! (On the phone she told Cora Lee:  "I hope Patrick gets a new bike rack to go with the Equinox!) Hitch, which I got Ron, the car salesman, to throw in, for free, as part of the deal, will be installed on Monday. [Chloe Alexis Dunn Yippee new bike rack!!!] [Dubbed as a friendly place to eat, drink, and listen to live music in the ‘hood, The Princeton Pub & Grill is located inside of the Princeton Hotel, which has roots dating back to 1912. It was designed by a man named J H Bowman, and built for a mere $17,000.

Half a block from my place and in a pinch yes, a Friday night meat draw could be the ticket to the start of a great weekend!!! Patrick James Dunn Wall Street is obviously the place to be!]

Back home to pack an small overnight bag for Osoyoos where we will spend the night with Flamin' and Sarge, Megan and Ryan, down from Merritt, and Miss Avery and Molly Mop! Cora lee took off and I suited up as I wanted to ride to Spirit Ridge/Nk'mip. Slight bit of spitting rain as I left Penticton but by the time I was at OK Falls everything was dry. Sizzled along as the wind was at my back and by the time I passed turnoff to Tucelnuit heavy drizzle had started in earnest. I was pretty wet by the time I rode through Oliver and the rain continued until I was 10 km out of Osoyoos. [Carol Riera I remember training in the rain in the lower mainland for triathlons. Good memories.] 

[Wayne Sutherland with Michele Darrow-Sutherland Throwback Friday. 34 years ago. Start of a loving relationship.]


At this point, the sky cleared, the road and shoulder were both dry and I whizzed along. My AVG was 26.2 kph until I made the turnoff to Spirit Ridge and then I was facing a strong headwind and a bit of a climb to complex itself. Nevertheless, when I pulled up outside Lavender, the building in which their two-bedroom unit is located, I had dropped a tad. Still, pleased as punch about the ride in spite of the soaking! Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/873158575#.VdfPHHZh2iA.email

Had to go to the Guest Check-in to contact Clan Sutherland as Lady Mary couldn't/wouldn't answer her phone. At any rate, I gave them a call from the Front Desk and Sarge gave me the combo, (Wrongly, it turned out but CoraLynne, (!), corrected the number before I left.), for the underground parkade so I was able to wait inside until Avery and her Grandfather came to collect me. Gang were sipping whine on the deck and so I had a quick shower before we strolled over to Inkameep to taste. Megan had to work until 4:30 pm, in Merritt, so she had to drive down. Via text messages, Prince Valiant determined that Megan was only five minutes away when we had set out to go to the Tasting Room so we took a look around the complex with its simply stunning views of the lake and the surrounding, magnificent rock faces until Nurse Megan arrived. 

A most delicious tasting of six of their well-crafted wines. Clan Sutherland are entilted to a 15% discount as owners in the complex so I "freeloaded" on their card to buy two Pinot Blanc and two of their winemaker's Chardonnay. The latter was considerably less expensive and not as heavily oaked as the Reserve offering. To my palette, it was superior, in terms of taste, finish, etc., so a far, far better deal. Everyone feeling happy, we strolled back to aprtmento where I opened a bottle of 2011 Blue Mountain Brut, 12%, presented to us by Denise Dangeroux and Wild Bill as a house warming present this past July. We toasted Flamin' and Sarge as it was the 34th anniversary of their first meeting. In addition, today was the day that they took possession of the extremely well appointed and comfortably furnished, two bedroom "fractional" ownership condo! Hip Hip Hooray!

As dinner preparations were underway, Sarge opened a 2010 Road 13 Syrah, 13.3%, which had such a mouthful of pepper that I thought that I was drinking a Grnaite Springs Petite Sirah! What an incredible drop! It gives me such a up-welling of genuine pride to taste  product, grown and vinted here, that doesn't have to take a back seat to this varietal, whether made in Sonoma, Calaveras or McLaren Vale, and in fact, is probably in the driver's seat! Must away as dinner is served! 

Greetings; very much enjoy watching you settling in to your new life via FaceBook entries. David and I are starting our trip Saturday, September 5. We are hoping there is a room at the Pentict-Inn; if not we will stop in for a quick appraisal and approval before carrying on down the road. If you are into it on Sunday, we could worship at the original Blasted Church, OK Falls United and have lunch at Caitlyn's after. I have a friend who lives in OK Falls.

We are busy with the Queer Film Festival offerings and I have just finished a one-week puppy sitting for my neighbour who was vacationing in the Kootenays and dodging forest fires. Natasha Cadieux is in VGH with some kind of viral infection and is very needy and sucking the energy out of me, David and Beth Hayward. Hope she gets over it soon; not all of her problems are physical, if you get my drift....Looking forward to seeing your new home in a couple of weeks.
Cheers, Doug
In Osoyoos visiting friends for night Rainy and windy poor Patrick is biking here
Sept 5 reservation is yours Look forward to seeing u both and catching up
So sorry about Natasha! Hugs Corinne

Chloe Alexis Dunn Home on a Friday night nursing a summer cold ( thanks Sissy Ayn P) so I watched Preggoland. It was awesome and I highly recommend it, it was also produced by my fellow elementary and high school pal Kevin Eastwood. Great job Kevin!!! Loved the cameo!!! Kevin Eastwood Thanks Chloe! So glad you liked the movie. smile emoticon



No comments:

Post a Comment